What's new

Personna Labs vs Personna Labs - Are They the Same?

Are these the same blades? Some say yes, some say no. Does anyone know for sure? Both are sold as Personna Labs.

8fqKr6fwGI5Io88WN8YQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

D3Q7EaaLosAfAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

IMO yes, they're the same, note the similarity in the printing between the cardboard backing on the blister pack and on the box. I have used the blades in both types of packaging and have been unable to discern a difference.

Microscopic pics suggest there's a difference. There's a big difference on my face, but others disagree.

This is the perfect time for someone to perform an experiment. My trials suggests there's a difference, so why not try a blinded trial on your face, and tell us the results? If you can't tell the difference, then maybe there isn't much difference after all. :001_smile

Can you elaborate on this, and any difference you noted?

First of all: the topic title compares "Personna Labs" vs "Personna Labs" - and they're the same, of course. I presumed (possibly in error) that the OP mean "Personna Lab" vs "Personna Med Prep."

On B&B, there's a popular thread on this topic, with electron microscope pics. The images show a clear difference between the two blades.

Then, I compared the two blades shaving - which is a little less quantifiable. On pages 2 and 3 of a multi-blade comparison on B&B, there's a clear difference the two blades. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/418593-Premium-DE-blade-smack-down

For me, the Personna Labs require a very light touch, especially if you're using an aggressive razor like the R41 - lest you end up with serious cuts and scrapes. With a Personna Med Prep, the edge is very forgiving, and the blade itself lasts longer.

Those are only my conclusions. I suggest comparing the two blades, and sharing your results. You'll get the best results after shaving a week with both blades.

Last edited:
This issue is often discussed and knowledgeable people come to different conclusions. Only the manufacturer can provide a definitive answer, and they're not talking. Just try them both and see which works better for you. There is a price difference, so you'll save money if it turns out the Lab works better for you than the Med. I've tried them both several times over the years and really wanted to like either of them, because they are made in the USA. However, neither works well for me.

This issue is often discussed and knowledgeable people come to different conclusions. Only the manufacturer can provide a definitive answer, and they're not talking...

Not so. Personna has told countless people here on the forum that they are the same blade, myself included. However, myths die slowly.

The moderator really needs to make this topic a 'sticky' as it has been beaten to death & beyond. :001_rolle

IMO yes, they're the same, note the similarity in the printing between the cardboard backing on the blister pack and on the box. I have used the blades in both types of packaging and have been unable to discern a difference.
Same here. I first tried them in the blister pack, liked how they performed, then bought the box of 100. Felt no difference between them. They're my first and only 100 blade purchase and I've grabbed a back-up box for, ummm, just in case. :blush:

Same here. I first tried them in the blister pack, liked how they performed, then bought the box of 100. Felt no difference between them. They're my first and only 100 blade purchase and I've grabbed a back-up box for, ummm, just in case. :blush:

This is what I was asking. Thank you chris.hale and PV29 for answering my question. I was not asking if the labs were the same as the meds. The pictures in the third post links show the two - one was a blister pack (plastic dispenser) of 5 razor blades, the other the box of 100, both of which are marketed as lab blues by at least one vendor. The packaging looks similar, but I have seen disagreement about whether they were actually the same blade. Some say they have not seen a difference. Some say they have. Before I buy a pack of 100 I was trying to decide which is true.

Top Bottom