What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, March 2015 - Gillette NEW

Shaved with my NEW Deluxe this morning. Mowed down 4 days growth with ease!

Attachments

• $IMG_0004.jpg
    $IMG_0004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 219
Very cool. Happy Birthday NEW.
Can't help to think that they really nailed it in so many ways with this one. Particularly want to mention the ease and safety of cleaning the razor and blade, as the booklet states. This is BTW the only thing I "have against" ATT.
NEW it is for tomorrow morning.

My New's were calling out to me for tonight's shave, which one to choose. The Canadian LC Goodwill. This is looking like a good place to ask. I haven't been able to find any info or History on this razor anywhere. If anyone knows anything please share. Thanks, Here she is.

$Gillette Goodwill Canadian NEW LC (1).jpg$Gillette Goodwill Canadian NEW LC (19).jpg

Nothing rare in this post here's a couple of photo's of my Berkshire set from 1930.
I like it pleased to have it, I have the other sets introduced in 1930, Federal, Windsor, Oxford and Regent.
It looks mint the original blades are with it A1 date code.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
My New's were calling out to me for tonight's shave, which one to choose. The Canadian LC Goodwill. This is looking like a good place to ask. I haven't been able to find any info or History on this razor anywhere. If anyone knows anything please share. Thanks, Here she is.

That Canadian Goodwill is very cool, congrats! Like a #175/#164 hybrid. I don't know much about these but I believe it was made in the early 30s just like the US NEW and Old Type-based Goodwills.

My collection of RFB NEW's
A couple of 2 piece 77's, a three piece 77 from 1940's, 2 piece 88, a couple of 44 sets with hollow ball handle and a Big Boy Chrome.
The 88 has the knurling up to the top of the handle tube unlike the 77's where there's a smooth band.

proxy.php

Here is Uncle Bob. He is up for tomorrow. I will post photos of Walter Rosenberg and the rest of the family when I get back from my trip.
$uploadfromtaptalk1425993432033.jpg

Here is a quick look at fewer than half of my NEWs; from left to right:
NEW Deluxe 15mm, NEW Deluxe 17mm, Short-comb NEW, Long-comb NEW, Long-comb Goodwill...
$NEW Ensemble.JPG
The Fatboy is back in the drawer, and it's a NEW morning (sorry, Bob).

Shaved with my NEW Deluxe this morning. Mowed down 4 days growth with ease!

My Goodwill is exactly the same. A great razor.

Nothing rare in this post here's a couple of photo's of my Berkshire set from 1930.
I like it pleased to have it, I have the other sets introduced in 1930, Federal, Windsor, Oxford and Regent.
It looks NOS the original blades are with it A1 date code.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My collection of RFB NEW's
A couple of 2 piece 77's, a three piece 77 from 1940's, 2 piece 88, a couple of 44 sets with hollow ball handle and a Big Boy Chrome.
The 88 has the knurling up to the top of the handle tube unlike the 77's where there's a smooth band.

proxy.php

Here is a quick look at fewer than half of my NEWs; from left to right:
NEW Deluxe 15mm, NEW Deluxe 17mm, Short-comb NEW, Long-comb NEW, Long-comb Goodwill...
The Fatboy is back in the drawer, and it's a NEW morning (sorry, Bob).

Very nice Gentlemen. I am enjoying the photos.

Here's my small NEW collection. From left to right NEW Deluxe 15mm, NEW Deluxe 17mm, RFB English LC and Flat Bottom English 7 O'Clock LC.

Attachments

• $20150311_074918.jpg
    $20150311_074918.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 190
  • $20150311_075316.jpg
    $20150311_075316.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Tonight's shave. Like New Short Comb Bar handle Original plating. The first of now many Gillette razors.
$Gillette NEW SC (2).jpg$Gillette NEW SC (3).jpg

Last edited:
How did I just now see this thread?!? I can't believe I've been cheating on my NEWs and using other, inferior razors this month. Oh wait . . . I haven't used a non-NEW yet this month. Whew! Happy birthday to the Gillette NEW!

Here's my little collection of NEWs:

$NEWs.jpg

From left to right: LC, SC, Flat Bottom, 17mm Deluxe, RFB, 17mm Deluxe Criterion, #77 or 88, and American Goodwill.

Top Bottom