What's new

Photo of my Newly Acquired Barrister & Mann Collection

Thank for the Bay Rum advice. Any other bay runs you would recommend? To the gentleman above asking about mensessentials. They are currently out of stock with some of the scents.

Menessentials.ca
Thanks man. I never ordered from this site before. Time to see what I can get.
Thank for the Bay Rum advice. Any other bay runs you would recommend? To the gentleman above asking about mensessentials. They are currently out of stock with some of the scents.
I noticed :(.... Mostly all the good stuff I wanted to get are out of stock [emoji24].

Thanks man. I never ordered from this site before. Time to see what I can get.

I noticed :(.... Mostly all the good stuff I wanted to get are out of stock [emoji24].

You can order directly from the Barrister & Mann website for about the same price. Even with the exchange rate and shipping, the prices for B&M at menessentials are high.

You can order directly from the Barrister & Mann website for about the same price. Even with the exchange rate and shipping, the prices for B&M at menessentials are high.
That's true. I ordered directly from B&M before. I was hoping I could save a bit because of the exchange rate/shipping. Most of everything on menessentials that I wanted to get are higher than usual.

Our Canadian dollar is so low it sucks.

Update:

I've since finished off the tubs of Seville, Bay Rum, Leviathan, and a tub of Diamond. I'll also acquired a new tub of Leviathan recently...that will probably be my next jar until the weather really gets cold...then I'll switch to Winter Spice and/or Fireside, maybe Lavanille. Will try to use up the Roam in the spring, however I'm still unsure I like the scent enough.

I'll have to get some more Seville for the spring/summer and Bay Rum for next fall.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood.

I've also got a bottle of the B&M cologne russe after shave. Looking forward to using that at some point.

4 tubs over 8 months, that's pretty good! Glad to see that you've found your "holy grail" soap. Many of us struggle (and will never) get to that point of staying true to one brand!

For me the B&M scents are either something I love like Nocturne (an awesome apple cider scent) or something I absolutely hate like Roam (which smells like the overstuffed ashtray in my parents Country Squire station wagon when we were kids). They are rich bold complex scents that are not synthetic at all.

The performance of the Barrister & Mann soap is excellent. It's easy to lather and gives a great shave every time. Definitely a high quality product that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

If you're looking to try B&M for the first time I'd recommend a tub of Seville which seems to be universally liked. The scent is pleasant, easy on the nose and very likable.

I can't say I have either !! I've also knocked off a tub of Cella, MWF, and a stick of Palmolive.

Wow, now that's a lot of soap killed off this year, especially an entire puck of MWF. You obviously subscribe to the load it like you hate it mentality!

Did you grate the fat? I can't imagine killing that triple-milled beast in anything short of 6 months if you left the puck solid :w00t:

Update:

I've since finished off the tubs of Seville, Bay Rum, Leviathan, and a tub of Diamond. I'll also acquired a new tub of Leviathan recently...that will probably be my next jar until the weather really gets cold...then I'll switch to Winter Spice and/or Fireside, maybe Lavanille. Will try to use up the Roam in the spring, however I'm still unsure I like the scent enough.

I'll have to get some more Seville for the spring/summer and Bay Rum for next fall.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood.

I've also got a bottle of the B&M cologne russe after shave. Looking forward to using that at some point.

Wow, those tubs went quickly. The samples I tried early in year went quickly. The &M does lather nicely, and they have some good scents.

After a month straight (Soap of the Month Club) of my puck of GFT, or Truefitt & Hill, or Tabac there is only a small indent in the puck.

Wow, those tubs went quickly. The samples I tried early in year went quickly. The &M does lather nicely, and they have some good scents.

After a month straight (Soap of the Month Club) of my puck of GFT, or Truefitt & Hill, or Tabac there is only a small indent in the puck.
All three of those are milled, so you get a lot more mileage out of a puck.

David is Nocturne one of B&Ms seasonal scents? It sounds like something I'd really like.

Indeed it **was, offered in the autumn.

Will's description: After the aroma of a New England Harvest Festival using the scents of apples, newly fallen leaves, woodsmoke, styrax benzoin, and the faintest touch of cinnamon.

Last edited:
I screwed around a lot with MWF. Grated it I think, may have even attempted to melt it somehow, soaked it for a long time in water. I was having a hard time lathering it well.

I also shave my head, so that requires more soap than most people who just shave their face.

Wow, now that's a lot of soap killed off this year, especially an entire puck of MWF. You obviously subscribe to the load it like you hate it mentality!

Did you grate the fat? I can't imagine killing that triple-milled beast in anything short of 6 months if you left the puck solid :w00t:

David is Nocturne one of B&Ms seasonal scents? It sounds like something I'd really like.

Yeah, it was a seasonal one, I believe a Fall soap. I've seen it produced from time to time so I'm not convinced it won't appear again. You can always send Will an email and ask him.

Top Bottom