What's new

Exhanges with Above the Tie

I've had no email response from Above the Tie regarding my desire to exchange my two base plates (M1 and R1) for an S2 base plate and Slant cap), and am wondering whether anyone has simply returned such items along with an explanation of what they desire in exchange for items returned with 30 days, or is it necessary to get an RMA or other confirmation from ATT prior to shipping the items back.

Can anyone relate any experience they have in such dealings with ATT, or even provide a phone number for them?

Any input appreciated!

Last edited:
I once had to exchange a baseplate. Stan asked that I just mail it to him with a note describing what I wanted to do. No RMA# was given. I received no further correspondence, but in a week or so I had exactly what I asked for from him.

I didn't get a response to emails so I called the number listed on the Paypal transaction. Talked to Stan and he thought swapping the S2 head for the M2 head might work. I mailed the S2 head to him a week ago Saturday, it arrived (tracking) on Tuesday, and the replacement head arrived here today. Just tried it out, although this morning's shave was close enough that I had no need to shave. No email updates about shipping, etc...silence, then the head arrived in the mail.

In any case, I think if you include a note saying what you want, you'll be fine.

Another +1 to not receiving emails. Then I pmed him here and he responded. Just ship back with a note and it will get taken care of.

I got the Slant Cap and S2 Plate. They make for a marvelous razor that shaves smooth and close. I couldn't be happier with it, but have a question that I'm surprised that I have not seen posted here yet:

In looking at the Cap and S2 Plate, it appears that they both have a bit of a slant to them, so my question is whether there is a specific way to orient the Cap and Base Plate at assembly, or simply put them together with a blade without any thought to their orientation relative to one another?

Top Bottom