What's new

Best low cost cream?

Real Shaving Company. Find it at most chain drug stores. Also, C.O. Bigelow from Bath & Body Works.

1. Palmolive cream
2. Real Shaving Co. (made by the company that does TOBS cream, available at Rite Aid)
3. Proraso / CO Bigelow.

Although I have never tried it, I've heard Cremo Cream is a quality cream while only costing $6.99 at Target.

Cremo is an above average latherless SC, and is best applied by hand and mixed with some water to increase slickness. You'll get very close shaves and it moisturizing properties are very good.

If you prefer a cream that lathers, I'd suggest La Toja or Palmolive Red, the best price I've found is at Italian Barber for either SC. A third inexpensive SC I'd recommend on performance is Arko, ~$3-3.50, very good lather and moisturizing SC, the downside are the synthetic scents, the Ultra-Sensitive is the subtlest of the bunch.

I personally prefer the Body Shop Maca Root SC over all others mentioned.

Although I have never tried it, I've heard Cremo Cream is a quality cream while only costing $6.99 at Target.

I have it, and IMO you heard wrong.

There are actually lots to choose from that are quite good IMO - Arko Sensitive, Godrej, Palmolive, C.O. Bigelow/Proraso, Barbon, The Real Shaving Company, Kiss My Face, The Body Shop, MEM, Nivea, Omega, Speick, TOBS, Tet-A-Tet, . . .

Top Bottom