What's new

Best low cost cream?

Any of the Palmolive (if you can get it) or Nivea creams.

Proraso is cheap and works well enough, but I am not a huge fan even if some people think it's the best invention since the arrival of the safety razor.

B.

Interesting.
As this is the first I hear, could you share your source of information with us?

B

Real Shaving Co is the retail brand of UK company, Creightons. Creighton's reportedly supplies the shave cream base for the big 3 "T" - Geo Trumpers, Truefitt & Hill and Taylor of Old Bond Street - who add their own signature scents. IMO, it's really terrific stuff. I like the "Moisturizing" line from Real Shave Co.

One thing to note - Real Shave Co. has a few different lines of shaving cream as well as Aftershave balms. The tubes all look very similar, so be careful to be sure that you're picking up the "Moisturizing shave cream".

is.'s shave cream comes in different lines. IMO, the best one is Real Shave Co's

I recently have found an Indian Market in the next town that sells the excellent Godrej Lime and Deluxe as well as Palmolive for $3/tube. If you can find an Indian market near you...:001_smile

Real Shaving Company. Find it at most chain drug stores. Also, C.O. Bigelow from Bath & Body Works.

Ditto, ditto. I used to buy my RSC at Rite Aid but my local stores recently discontinued it. Luckily I stocked up when they had it on sale. B&BW frequently has COB on sale.

If you have access to Indian supermarkets, then - Godrej, yardley, biotique, supermax and many more. These are some of the best creams I have used and rank up to creams that are 10times the cost.

Please avoid Cremo. I tried it and its garbage! Bad stuff. Possibly try Godrej and maybe Proraso but please, no Cremo !

Craig

Stick your zip code into the Kiss My Face store locator to find a retailer near you and grab a tube ($5) or pump bottle ($8) of any scent.

http://www.kissmyface.com/store

These are amazing creams and one of the easiest to lather. They are sold as "brushless" but stick a brush to it and you will have a lava flow of slick, luxurious, lather to use.

If you visit Bath and Body Works' webpage, C.O. Bigelow, which is believed to be rebadged Proraso, often goes on a buy-two-get-one-free sale. There are reports of the 5.2 oz $10 Bigelow tube lasting several months. If you search for Arko, India Old Spice, Herbs of Bulgaria, or Rose of Bulgaria, those can be found for less than $5.00 but they contain only 70 to 100 ml or g, vis-à-vis 5.2 oz / 147g for Bigelow. I found a brush or brushless 8 oz variety of Everyman Jack in a tub for $9.99.
There is an archive from 2012 here at B&B.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-305194.html

Nivea sensitive! For me it outperforms Proraso and could be very well on par with lot more expensive creams, if measured by performance. By the way, there was a time when i had to deal with VERY hard water for the first time in my life, i've had Proraso, Palmolive and Nivea. Proraso provided something usable, Palmolive was put in a trash bin quickly, and Nivea was the only cream that was really usable and almost decent there.

Last edited:
Get on the Bed Bath and Beyond mailing list and raid them for CO Bigeow when they have a buy 1 get 2 free deal .

Bed Bath & Beyond doesn't sell C.O. Bigelow. Bath & Body Works does.

If you visit Bath and Body Works' webpage, C.O. Bigelow, which is believed to be rebadged Proraso, often goes on a buy-two-get-one-free sale.

More than believed, it's says, "Made Exclusively By Proraso For C.O. Bigelow" right under the name.

View attachment 554362

Top Bottom