What's new

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal

Nice blue themed set-up Chris!

Thanks, Josh!

Love the range of products used in this photo. Great stuff!

Thanks, Tom!

Feeling blue....in a good way. Nice set up.:thumbup:

Thanks, John!

Great shave and read Chris. The Godrej is great soap for an amazing price.

Thanks, Eric. And I agree!

That picture reminded me of a song from when I was a teenager:

Hilarious - yep!

Great Stuff Chris!

Thanks, Dave!

Last edited by a moderator:
A change of pace for later today on two fronts: one, going with a DE, my U.S. Aristocrat (W-1); and two, making this entry prior to actually shaving. It's going to be another late night shave, and I just wanted to make the post before hand so I'm not up too late.

It's been a good start to the day. My daughter and I were at our church's annual "Breakfast with St. Nick" event; then we dashed off to this year's "Kick-A-Thon" at our karate school. It's an event to raise money for AFLAC's Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. It was from 10am-1pm with the objective of getting in 6,000 kicks as a group with sponsorships, etc. We weren't there for the whole time due to the breakfast, but worked up a good sweat anyway.

I'm going to be using a Cella set up this evening. I didn't know, till recently, that there was a Cella aftershave, so I had to try it. Looking forward to this combo. In keeping with Chad's December "barbershop" theme, I imagine this would be common in Italian barbershops (or at least, once was).

Set Up:

Gillette Aristocrat
ShaverJoe w/Ubersoft synth
Cella

proxy.php

Love the red in contrast with the yellows Chris, Looks to be a fantastic shave. Look forward to your thought on the AS, I have been eyeing it

I PIFed my cella it was too sweet for me. But the aftershave offering now has had me thinking of a revisit

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

It's been a good start to the day. My daughter and I were at our church's annual "Breakfast with St. Nick" event; then we dashed off to this year's "Kick-A-Thon" at our karate school. It's an event to raise money for AFLAC's Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. It was from 10am-1pm with the objective of getting in 6,000 kicks as a group with sponsorships, etc. We weren't there for the whole time due to the breakfast, but worked up a good sweat anyway.

We did a kick-a-thon at our karate school a couple years ago. It was a blast. I did 1,000 kicks myself, but I thought I was gonna die after a few hundred! Are you in karate? Do you have kids in Karate?

I have a around 14 years in Karate myself, most of which has been in Goju Ryu. My daughter has been in it for about 5 and will be testing for her black belt early next year.

Love the red in contrast with the yellows Chris, Looks to be a fantastic shave. Look forward to your thought on the AS, I have been eyeing it

Thanks, Dave! I went ahead and tried the aftershave this afternoon anyway. It's not what I was expecting (not that I really knew what to expect - LOL), but pleasant none-the-less. It has a clean, almost soapiness to it at first, then quickly settles into an AdP Coloniali type of thing. Not bad at all, and not overbearing. I'll be interested in seeing how it feels on the old mug after the shave.

Very nice Chris. Looking forward to reading how the aftershave treats you.

Thanks, Eric! I'll let you know.

I PIFed my cella it was too sweet for me. But the aftershave offering now has had me thinking of a revisit

Revisits are good. :001_cool:

We did a kick-a-thon at our karate school a couple years ago. It was a blast. I did 1,000 kicks myself, but I thought I was gonna die after a few hundred! Are you in karate? Do you have kids in Karate?

I have a around 14 years in Karate myself, most of which has been in Goju Ryu. My daughter has been in it for about 5 and will be testing for her black belt early next year.

Awesome! An early congrats on your daughter's upcoming testing! And yes, my daughter (7 years old) and I are involved in karate. Our school's system is Okinawan Shuri Ryu.

The Cella guy looks like Santa! Nice set-up.

:lol:

Chris I'm catching up, I somehow have fallen behind:blushing: I know tonights shave will be wonderful with beautiful that Aristocrat and the Cella. Yesterday's SOTD photo was very relaxing to look at, that Vey brush is very nice! :thumbup: Have a nice weekend with the family.

Thanks, Dan! I'm still thinking about that photo of your newest MK! :thumbup1:

Looking forward to your shave report and how you liked the AS. I would have expected the AS to be scented like the soap, but it sounds like it is different in a good way.

Looking forward to your shave report and how you liked the AS. I would have expected the AS to be scented like the soap, but it sounds like it is different in a good way.

Pete, I was half way thinking that the Cella a/s might resemble the soap's scent as well, but it doesn't.

I just used it after my 3-pass Aristocrat shave. The a/s goes on kinda thick (not like a balm, don't get me wrong), a bit of a tacky feeling, if that makes any sense. I'm wondering if it contains a lot of glycerin. After a few moments, the tackiness gives way and the result is a nice face feel. The scent is one that doesn't "wow" me, however. I had tried it earlier in the day, and now post shave. I really don't care much for the initial "soapiness" of it. It dissipates quickly, thankfully. Then it's sort of in that Italian Colonia type of vibe. It's OK, but my initial impression is that I don't think it's going to get much use from me.

BTW, it had been a while since I used Cella soap (either in the red tub or the brick). I like the marzipan scent, and the slickness of Cella. But as evidence from this evening, one thing that it is lacking in for me, is protection. I got a few minor weepers under my chin tonight, and I remember it seems like that was rather common when I used to use it in the rotation. Hmmmm. Also, one thing about the scent of Cella. For me, it has a rather short "shelf life" in terms of scent. If it doesn't get used much, after a few months, the nice marzipan scent turns to a play doh kind of scent. Strange.

Thanks for the detailed thoughts on the scent and performance of the Cella aftershave. The Colonia scent after application sounds good, but maybe better suited for warmer days?

Have a good morning!

Top Bottom