What's new

Pipesandcigars.com goodie box - question

For those that got the goodie box for IPSD, did your box ship separate of your order or was everything in one box? I ask because mine finally showed up today and on the invoice was my primary order, the goodie box, and the discount however, the only thing in the box was my primary order.

Looks like my entire order is jacked up. Even the pipe I ordered has a huge chunk missing where the stem is super loose. I swear do they not inspect any of this?? I'm sending my entire order back, giving them an ear full and supporting never ordering from them again. Read lots of horror stories about pipesandcigars.com and now I'm one of them.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 113
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 114
Well I guess that if you explain everything and proof that the goodies box was in you invoice when you paid and you show then the pipe is broken. They will do what is right if I remember right someone here got the wrong pipe and they send him an other one and it was pretty quick..

Yeah... I'm not really a fan of P&C either. I try to avoid them and spend my BL budget elsewhere (mainly Smoking Pipes and eBay).

I'm sending my entire order back, giving them an ear full and supporting never ordering from them again. Read lots of horror stories about pipesandcigars.com and now I'm one of them.

Seems unnecessarily hasty. Have you tried reporting the problems to them? The little bit of post-order customer service I've needed from them has been exemplary.

Yes - I've called, left VM and emailed.

I've used them 3 times and 2 out of 3 have been jacked up. A little common sense would have prevented all of my issues. I have to send the pipe back, they don't have another one on their site because it was a handmade Nording, that alone exempts me from receiving the goodie box at that point. Everything else I could get on Amazon so several birds one stone, simple fix for me to protect myself from the BS hassle of a company who from my experience and experience of many others I've read, can be permanently eliminated.

That doesn't sound hasty to me, it sounds like I've gave them 3 chances and $400+ of my money and 75% of the time they don't care to get it right. I don't pay people to mess up 75% of the time in my world of work.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a bird of a different color. I've done a similar volume of business and have not had that kind of problem...and I'm sure glad.

And I'm glad for you too! Sometimes in life no matter how perfect something can be to everyone, there's always someone or some people who no matter how hard they try, seem to always get shafted - this is just one of those circumstances for me that I've learned that me and P&C have zero room in life to do business together. That works fine for me, as there are a dozen other places I'm happy to do business with instead and there isn't a single thing P&C has that I can't find anywhere else.

And I'm glad for you too! Sometimes in life no matter how perfect something can be to everyone, there's always someone or some people who no matter how hard they try, seem to always get shafted - this is just one of those circumstances for me that I've learned that me and P&C have zero room in life to do business together. That works fine for me, as there are a dozen other places I'm happy to do business with instead and there isn't a single thing P&C has that I can't find anywhere else.

I wish I could find some pattern in these situations to analyze and solve the puzzle of why it works out that way. I don't think there is a meaningful pattern to be found, as much as I'd like to. I know in other situations I've been on the opposite side of the results, getting consistently shafted where everybody else regularly gets big wins...I definitely know what you're talking about.

The oddest one in my life is Samsung products. Everyone seems to rally behind them and each time I go to look at TVs they are the best picture but anything we've ever bought samsung from phones to TVs to kitchen appliances - the moment they come home they give us headaches glitching and going out.

Geez - P&C is on my last nerve. I called them first thing when they opened explained everything calmly, pipe broken, didn't send my good box, etc. spoke to two people so far today (had to call them both times). They don't know what to do and trying to find out because they don't have any of the merchandise left, and they don't have any other pipes from Nording that I ordered.

Now they are telling me it will be tomorrow at the earliest before they can give me a remedy on their mistake.

Definitely not earning my business in the future.

After all this - me too! I'm trying to stay cool and patient but patiently waiting 9 days for an order to arrive broke and wrong - has me on my last nerve.

The latest is waiting on them to build a goodie box. They are out of merchandise so they are apparently working to make it of equal value of items. The pipe is getting returned, fortunately a Nording showed up that is agreeable to my liking so hopefully this all gets resolved permanently soon.

Hope that takes care of everything. I know how much of a pain returning something is, let alone having it damaged or incorrect. Wiht any luck they'll throw something in for your troubles.

Top Bottom