What's new

Let's Talk about Talc

I am really enjoying going retro with my shaving.
I love Pinaud Clubman, and just received the very fragrant "Lilac Vegetal". This stuff is my new favorite. (and my wife loves it).
I placed an order for "Virgin Island" Bay Rum and also a can of Clubman Talc.

Who uses talc, what do you use it for and how do you apply it?

"If I could walk that way I wouldn't need talcum powder."

classic....

but I do enjoy the Clubman talc as well....but more so once it gets a bit warmer

and Tony, I hope that you'd be happy to know my 7th grade classes(and the other teachers on my hall) were rockin out to Skull and Roses today as they came to class....all day

classic....

but I do enjoy the Clubman talc as well....but more so once it gets a bit warmer

and Tony, I hope that you'd be happy to know my 7th grade classes(and the other teachers on my hall) were rockin out to Skull and Roses today as they came to class....all day

I am most happy to know this!!!

I picked some up for the AZ summers. Nice clean barbershop scent, just a little more subtle than the AS. Keep in mind that it goes on a little pink before deciding where to use it and what clothes to wear that day...

DANGER - You are embarking on an acquisition disorder.

I finish up with it every day on my face. The pic includes only a portion of my stock. Luckily so far I only have the vintage talc acquisition disorder. Yardley Invisible Talc and the Stag are my favorites.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 481
Another huge vote for Borotalco.....Clubman,Heno de Pravia, Spuma di Ciampagna ,any of the Yardleys (Indian and Canadian versions are great,Indian Yardleys are heavily scented)....If you are in a large city you may find the very cooling "Medicated Dusting Powder" from Nigeria,great stuff !...Beware however,there have been lawsuits by women that have contracted uterine cancer ,supposedly due to talcum,and pediatricians now warn use only pure corn starch talc on babies.I also believe true talcum is a lung irritant,I apply while holding my breath,then leave the room...

Attachments

• $talc.jpg
    $talc.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 468
  • $talc2.jpg
    $talc2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 463
Old-school bike mechanics still use this on tubes. It helps prevent the tube from getting pinched between the bead and the rim during installation.

Attachments

• $talc.jpg
    $talc.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 383
I read the old book "Shaving Made Easy" yesterday and it mentioned putting a little talc on the face after shaving, has anyone tried this?

From Youtube videos, I see that it's still popular in other countries. I've only seen it used in 1 barbershop here in the states.
The talc on the back of the neck is about the only thing I miss from the salon haircuts - well that and the cute, well built girls that cut my hair. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I use talcum powder every day on my groin.

I use also talcum on my neck whenever I will wear a tie and close my collar.

I've used Gold Bond (in the classic yellow bottle) for as long as I can remember. I've been curious to try other brands and scents but have never gotten around to it.

clubman and like to put a little on the back of my neck (reminds me of a haircut at a real barbershop), chest and in the groin area when its going to get hot... the stuff is pink real pink so be careful..

Top Bottom