What's new

St. Charles Shave aftershave splashes

I have the Fairway aftershave splash and love it. The other aftershave in my arsenal is Fine Accoutrements. The SCS is a bit more moisturizing than Fine blends and leaves my face feeling replenished. The scent is amazing, but I already sampled the Fairway prior to purchasing the AS.

I tried samples of Sandalwood, Lavender, and Savory Rose recently. To me they both felt about the same: very rich in glycerin, so I only needed a drop or two on wet hands. Unfortunately the sample containers did not have reducers. The sandalwood reminded me of a whiskey barrel more than sandalwood. The lavender was one of those herbal-medicinal ones, not very floral. I liked it. The rose smelled great to me, and had something going on to make it a little more interesting than a pure floral. It is on my list for a future buy.

Last edited:
I have used a bottle of the Lime splash, and found it to be very effective. It's not astringent in my experience, and you have very good face feel afterwards.

I have Fairway and Woods and I love them both. SCS aftershaves are top notch. They feel very good on your face and the use of scents is perfect. Strong enough for good longevity, but not overpowering.

The lavender was one of those herbal-medicinal ones, not very floral. I liked it.

I also tried a sample of the Lavender a while back and agree it was not floral. I believe it also had a menthol kick to it? It was quite refreshing.

I also tried a sample of the Lavender a while back and agree it was not floral. I believe it also had a menthol kick to it? It was quite refreshing.

Thanks for reminding me: yes, I thought the lavender had a little menthol. There were no ingredients on the sample but it said "cooling" in the description.

Savory rose is also supposed to be "cooling" and http://www.saintcharlesshave.com/ingredients.asp shows menthol. However I did not detect any menthol in that one — just as well, because I am not a fan of the stuff. Speick is another product that has some in the ingredients, but not enough to register with my sensorium.

Top Bottom