What's new

How to remove rust/discolouration from etched side of blade?

Fellow brothers/sisters of the blade, any advice on how to clean up the side of a razor blade that has etching and gold wash on it? I would like to retain as much of the etching and wash as possible and I'm am not shooting for a mirror polish.

i have access to a dremel, limited polishing compounds, lots of sandpaper and elbows to provide grease. Thanks!

Fellow brothers/sisters of the blade, any advice on how to clean up the side of a razor blade that has etching and gold wash on it? I would like to retain as much of the etching and wash as possible and I'm am not shooting for a mirror polish.

i have access to a dremel, limited polishing compounds, lots of sandpaper and elbows to provide grease. Thanks!

Post a picture of the blade, always helps.

Gold wash is difficult, it will come off very easy, some etching can also come off very easy

im intetrested in this too.
I got an old Eikaso wich is quite rare as tjy only produced small amounts during the 40s - 60s.
Nowadays the only make really highquality knifes for butchers.
the etching isnt actually gold. Its colored in green blue and black. didnt dare to put the dremel even near to that decoration. $uploadfromtaptalk1425634830703.jpg

Top Bottom