What's new

How do I use Kiss My Face shave cream?

I've read many reviews by members here that love Kiss My Face shave cream, so I bought a bottle of the Key Lime today while I was out. I wonder though, before I use it... How do I use this with my shaving brush? Does it require water, or do I simply pump it into my shaving mug and whip up a lather from my wet brush? Any advice on using this before my next shave would be greatly appreciated!

I put a little in a bowl or scuttle, add a little water, and the rest is history

proxy.php

I put 2 pumps in my bowl, work it with my brush, and add a little water along the way. Makes great lather really fast. But it was the 2nd pump that made a big difference for me.

Although I do have a lathering bowl, I seldom use it. My own procedure with creams dates back to the first time I bought and used a tube of shave cream, probably Gillette lathering cream. The tube said to wash up normally and leave your face wet, then rub the cream into your beard, after which face lather with a brush. I had no brush (yet) at the time. I was in college, and on a limited budget. I used my fingers, or a very worn, thin face cloth, to make some lather.

When I did get a brush, in a set of shave products, and shaved with a cream, I still applied it to my wet face by hand, then used my brush. It took some trial and error experiments to determine how wet the brush needed to be. I bought a lathering bowl after getting some creams / croaps in bowl-type containers and attempting first to load the brush atop the original container, eventually just began dipping out a small amount with a finger to rub on my face.

I like the idea of the pump for KSF, although I had to discard the very first pump, swapping the one it came with, which didn't work, for one in an antibacterial handwash product.

I use the unscented KMF to augment my selection of soap/scent that night. In case my lathering technique was horrible that day - I decide as I scrub my face with the first application of lather.

I like the idea of the pump for KSF, although I had to discard the very first pump, swapping the one it came with, which didn't work, for one in an antibacterial handwash product.

The very same thing happened to me and I emailed KMF customer service and a person sent me another pump. I haven't tried that yet so thanks for the reminder, I'll have a go this week.

Like someone else mentioned, I think it was designed as a brushless cream.

I use the lime. Two pumps, wet dripping badger brush. Lather like crazy in a bowl and get a beautiful SLICK lather

Thank you everyone! I look forward to using it. I love that lime scent! I also just received my order of 10 tubes of Coates shave cream (4 Sandalwood, 4 Lime, and 2 Almond), so I am set for quite a while on shave cream. The only problem I will hopefully face is which one to try first tomorrow! :thumbup:

Apply 1-1.5 pumps to face by hand. Then with a very lightly wet brush use to work into face (who needs a bowl!? jk). This product is already diluted to the consistency of a cream with a bit of water and brush I find that the slickness is improved greatly.

Thank you, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Also, is the Coates or KMF the best creams for that sweet lime scent, or is there another one I should keep in mind?

I've used it brushless but it's hard to rinse off of the razor. I get a better lather with it now that I use a Muhle synthetic brush. I use probably half a pump and a little bit of water and I could easily do 3 pases.

I don't have any but you might consider Castle Forbes.

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll look into that.

I've used it brushless but it's hard to rinse off of the razor. I get a better lather with it now that I use a Muhle synthetic brush. I use probably half a pump and a little bit of water and I could easily do 3 pases.

OK. I'll be sure to use my brush as I was planning, and keep an eye on how much I use. Usually on the first use of a new cream, I use too much. I figure that is all right as I'd rather have too much rather than too little.

I'm really looking forward to my shave in a little bit...

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll look into that.

OK. I'll be sure to use my brush as I was planning, and keep an eye on how much I use. Usually on the first use of a new cream, I use too much. I figure that is all right as I'd rather have too much rather than too little.

I'm really looking forward to my shave in a little bit...

How did your shave go with the KMF? This post inspired me to get mine out again (I had been using soap) and I forgot how slick it is.

How did your shave go with the KMF? This post inspired me to get mine out again (I had been using soap) and I forgot how slick it is.

Rather well for a first attempt! I ended up with a little over two pumps because of having to get the pump active, then learning roughly how much water I needed to add for a balance. Took more water than I anticipated, but the shave was successful. Nice scent, a good, slick lather, and my Fatboy loaded with a Polsilver Super Iridium that was just seeing its tenth shave. This is a keeper, especially once I get the ratio worked out.

Enjoy yours, and let us know how your reacquaintance works out for you!

I put a squeeze or two in my palm and then load the brush right there....

It doesn't take too much.... A great lather every time!

Rather well for a first attempt! I ended up with a little over two pumps because of having to get the pump active, then learning roughly how much water I needed to add for a balance. Took more water than I anticipated, but the shave was successful. Nice scent, a good, slick lather, and my Fatboy loaded with a Polsilver Super Iridium that was just seeing its tenth shave. This is a keeper, especially once I get the ratio worked out.

Enjoy yours, and let us know how your reacquaintance works out for you!

I used it again today. It will probably be my regular cream now. One thing I forgot to mention is that it did not work well for me with a boar brush. It took a lot of cream to get a good lather. It does work well with badger and synthetic though.

I used it again today. It will probably be my regular cream now. One thing I forgot to mention is that it did not work well for me with a boar brush. It took a lot of cream to get a good lather. It does work well with badger and synthetic though.

Thank you for letting me know! I used it with my Parker Pure Badger, and it seemed almost like I could've used more and been alright. Maybe it's just because of the size of the knot, who knows? As for performance with the boar brush, I'll have to try that out myself. I love my boar brushes!

Did it seem like the cream was thirsty to you, and needed more water added?

Top Bottom