What's new

Who Does The Best restoring and sharpening?

Who Does The Best restoring and sharpening?

Which one of your kids do you love the most? Same sort of question . . .

Only my opinion but leave it alone. Hone it and enjoy the shaves. Call it done.

Thank you, This is my first straight razor so I have much to learn. I want to get it clean and polished then honed, may try to do it myself as I do have experience with blades but more than likely I will have someone like yourself do a professional job. I got lucky I think getting this razor at this price and am excited to get my hands on it!

I just sent my Droescher Classic to Bayamontate for honing. He had it finished the same day received, and he even gave it a polish no extra charge.
I hear his edges are very good, so I will have a good baseline to begin with.
Your razor looks very nice as is. I would agree with the group, get it honed and stropped, looks ready to go.

I've sent about 8 or 9 sword razors to Bayamontate and wouldn't think of having anyone else on their edges. Watching him work has been enlightening, his process is Ch'an Buddhism. I'm packing up a Tousuke for him right now even.

I got the razor yesterday and packed it off to Bayomontate today! I can't wait to see the finished product! Thank you all for the help. Now I need a strop any favorites or recommendations?

Top Bottom