What's new

whats smooth, thick, creamy and inexpensive

Yes, but unless you buy it in Spain, it is not really cheap.

I am not a regular cream user, but it is hard to beat Palmolive at 85 cents a tube. Florena is about the same price, but just like Nivea, it gives me slight skin irritation (which I do not get with the Palmolive Classic and Sensitive creams).

The Lea Professional State-side is ~$12 for 250ml, Palmolive Classic can be found ~$7-$9 for 100ml, both good value creams State-side, and very competitive with State-side cream costs. Obviously Euro creams will be cheaper in Europe, as State-side creams are cheaper here than in Europe... sometime the higher shipping from Europe doesn't offset the lower product price.

The same goes for Euro Shave soaps, Palmolive @ ~$3-$5 is still a decent value for good lathers and shaves. there's no need to continually point out the cost differences, each of us can decide if it's worth it to us.

The same goes for Euro Shave soaps, Palmolive @ ~$3-$5 is still a decent value for good lathers and shaves. there's no need to continually point out the cost differences, each of us can decide if it's worth it to us.
If you read my post, I compared the cost of Palmolive and Florena (both around 85 cents here) to Nivea (double that price, around 1,50).

No doubt the actual price in different parts of the world will be different, but I reckon that the ratio between those products will still be the same. So Palmolive and Florena are still twice as much value for a similar cream as Nivea, even if the monetary costs are slightly different.

Yeah I got that part, I was referring to this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, I think it's a fact. Lea is a great buy when you find yourself in a Spanish drugstore. Just like buying Proraso in Italy. Unfortunately my job mainly sends me north, not south :wink2:
If I look at what I have to pay here for a tube of Lea, and compare it to e.g. Arko or Derby cream, then my conclusion is that Lea is not inexpensive outside Spain.

If you have an Indian supermarket nearby, it's worth checking out. I found an Indian market, Apna Bazar in Norwood, MA, 5 miles from me that carries Palmolive, Godrej Lime (my favorite), Old Spice original and Dettol all for $2-3 a tube.

Interestingly when the market first opened six months ago, there were quite a few Gents who checked it out for shave creams, and only found Palmolive. The manager quickly brought in other shave creams.

I never used the Godrej creams, but they are still somewhere on my list. Actually I'm more in a soap phase right now.

I never used the Godrej creams, but they are still somewhere on my list. Actually I'm more in a soap phase right now.

I'm primarily a soap guy too, but there are some really exceptional shave creams out there - Godrej is one of them.

I just placed my order for Coates shaving cream. Looking forward to trying it out! I've always wanted to try a good, respected Lime shave cream as I love the scent of limes. I decided to indulge in the Sandalwood, Lime, and Almond.

I've found the Old Spice shave cream from India isn't really that expensive.

I recently purchased some with the original scent. Although the cream worked well, the scent didn't seem to be the traditional old spice scent when compared with my old spice after shave.

We have a huge Indian Department store here in Singapore that sells a bunch of different shave cream at ridiculously cheap prices -

Nivea 1.75 USD
Omega 2.0 USD
Supermax 1.50 USD
Godrej 1.20 USD
Tabac 4.0 USD

I have to say Ive been thoroughly impressed with all of them - Supermax is outrageously good for the price!

+1. The RSC stuff is pretty good for the $$. Not world class, but very effective, widely available, and inexpensive. Very good all around.

The Real Shaving Company's creams ... available exclusively at your local Rite Aid.

They make two shaving creams, a Double Concentrated, Moisturizing skincare formula; and a milder formula for Sensitive skin.
IMHO, the Double Concentrated gives a better shave, but the Sensitive is close behind.

Stay FAR, FAR AWAY from TRSC's Self-Heating Shave Mask. It is The WORST shaving product I've ever used. It is greasy, doesn't spread very well, doesn't heat your face more than half a second, and uses all kinds of nasty chemicals. I'd be embarassed to even PIF it away, its THAT BAD. Don't buy it.

Really looking forward to trying these Coate's creams out tomorrow. The scents are really good mostly. The sandalwood and rose are awesome. They really give off a good scent once lathered.

Another vote for Real Shaving Company, I like the "double concentrated" Moisturizing variety. If you have a Rite-Aid nearby, it's a great product made even better by being a fantastic value.

I have used NiVEA gel for a long time, this is one of the best and I've tried many. Gillette has some, but for the quality and price fall way short of NiVEA !

this is s top shelf gel for low cost, try it, you'll like it

:001_rolle
A big +1 to this. The main reason I clicked on this thread was from reading the title- whats smooth, thick, creamy and inexpensive, after reading that, the one and only thought popped into my head, that would have to be Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel. I use this stuff most every day as I just cant use any other high end product and get the same results as I can with the Nivea. No razor burn, I go ATG everyday and get a BBS shave every time. Ive used dozens and dozens of high end products but Im just so amazed that the Nivea has outperformed them all. Its truly a great product. The razor glide and the protection is just better than anything else Ive used so far. The one soap that I do find pretty good is Haslinger, but most else Ive tried (so far) just cant compete with the Nivea Sensitive gel.

forrest, try a less expensive SC like Maca Root, if you have a B&M The Body Shop close by. I'm sure you could score a sample, or at least give it a sniff, before purchasing, the Razor Relief ASB is another good product they carry.

Top Bottom