What's new

2015 Formula 1 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on Facebook...screenshot from the new Star Wars trailer...now we know what happened to the Star Destroyer...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429319071.635351.jpg

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Everyone loves to make fun of Pastor, but he's a fine driver who has to take a lot more chances than the guys with better cars.

Still, that's a great picture.

I think we have a horse race! Qualifying looked very very good today.

/regrets to J. Button: dang it, I hope these guys get a break soon.

I picked 1. Hamilton 2. Vettel 3. Raikkonen for my BadgerGP predictions...It was looking good there for a little while.

I've been out of the scene on this for a while but finally squeezed in time to catch a race.
I'm a Kimi fan so I can't say I feel bad for Rosberg. Well maybe just a little bad.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I felt bad for Niko last year, insofar as I can feel sorry for a guy with access to the best car. This year, not so much. It must be very frustrating for him to be so close and still not able to break through the final barriers for some wins.

I think the rejuvenated Kimi will help the overall Ferrari effort as much as the acquisition of Vettel.

Well, I think the Red Bull suffering is not over with all the hub bub with Renault. Ricciardo unfortunately will be the victim in this mess, very similar to Alonzo with Ferrari. MB is now on notice that Ferrari is back. I think it will be a great overall season. No one can dispute that Hamilton is just plain consistent, but I think Vettel and Kimi will give them a run for the money. Ricciardo is still my guy, but I don't think they will be contenders this year. As far as Nico he is going to implode soon, I think. Watching him from the end of last season through now, you can see the frustration he is experiencing, and with that I do not know if he can calm down enough to concentrate on the work at hand. Glad to see big red back in the action. Looking forward to see how the European swing goes.

Still can't wait for Haas' entrance into Formula One. Sure the US will probably be the Butt of some jokes for awhile, but I think they will have good backing to make a run in a few years.

OK guys, Who do you think for Barcelona? tough not to say MB, and does Ferrari have MB rattled??

Mercedes is under far more pressure than they were last year. I wonder if they've been making bigger strategic mistakes this year or if they simply stand out because the competition is closing the gap.

More to do with the smaller gap, I would think. The smaller the window, the more magnified any error becomes. Eample, the back end wobbling in a curve means nothing when you are 15 seconds ahead . . . when you're less than 1/2 a second up and heading into a long straight, it can be everything.

Ok gents with Rosberg winning in Barcelona, opinions on the following.
1. Is Rosberg's slump over or was it a slip in Hamilton this week
2. Are we looking at a Rosberg, Hamilton, Vettel podium each week for the rest of the season? ( no particular order )
3. Will the USA (Haas Racing) really have any appreciable effect?
4. Who do you like for Monte Carlo

1-) Yes, but I still don't think he's going to beat Lewis regularly.

2.) Yes.

3.) They'll be better than Manor-Marussia, if they're still around. They may even be able to steal a point or two, though it's doubtful.

4.) Rosberg. He's won it two years in a row, and it's his home race. I think he wins it again.

Ok gents with Rosberg winning in Barcelona, opinions on the following.
1. Is Rosberg's slump over or was it a slip in Hamilton this week
2. Are we looking at a Rosberg, Hamilton, Vettel podium each week for the rest of the season? ( no particular order )
3. Will the USA (Haas Racing) really have any appreciable effect?
4. Who do you like for Monte Carlo

1. I hope so...I'd rather see Nico and Lewis compete with each other - it makes for better racing behind them
2. Probably - at least 50% of them
3. I think so (in a couple years) - a Ferrari lump and $$ could go a long way esp compared to Force India and Manor
4. Nico seems to have the best chance - but anything can happen...

I'm already thinking about Canada!!

If Haas puts as much effort into their F-1 Team as they do for NASCAR, then I think they will be successful very quickly. I think it would not be outlandish to expect points on fairly regular basis in 2017, and a podium in 2018. Will they challenge for either of the titles? Not for several years, at least. But I do think they will be able to be competitive much quicker than anyone gives them credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom