What's new

Tobacquisitions for February 2015

1965 Dunhill Tanshell. My first Dunhill.
$image.jpg

Top to bottom
My first Savinelli 320
A Rick Black billiard
A Brian Doran billiard
My first Ferndown by Les Wood
A tin of Kingfisher
$PicsArt_1423707765464.jpg
sorry for the bad picture

Wow Brian! Some great goodies there.

I guess I'll show mine now that I've already been outdone... ;)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423741389.534549.jpg

My last order to Japan.

Top to bottom
My first Savinelli 320
A Rick Black billiard
A Brian Doran billiard
My first Ferndown by Les Wood
A tin of Kingfisher

sorry for the bad picture

Awesome! I've got a soft spot for black blasted/rusticated pipes, so those are all beautiful in my eyes! I'm liking the Sav320 and the Ferndown in particular.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Picked up an unsmoked Savinelli-made Thompson natural rusticated briar jaw hanger, likely from the late-70s/early-80s. I have another of these Sav-made Thompsons and they're great smokers. Nice and cool, and they do start to color over time.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759800.803083.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Picked up a Kaywoodie Drinkless. I believe I saw somebody refer to this shape as a panelled bulldog. Sounds good to me.

$IMAG2014.jpg

Hirsute and Kilroy, two interesting pipes you have. I'm curious to see the Thompson get some color in it. Never have come across that shape in a Kaywoodie. Enjoy them gentlemen.

Hirsute

Hirsute and Kilroy, two interesting pipes you have. I'm curious to see the Thompson get some color in it. Never have come across that shape in a Kaywoodie. Enjoy them gentlemen.

Here's a comparison with my other one. It arrived lightly smoked and I've smoked t pretty well for a few months. It's losing its tan-yellow color and going toward reddish-brown.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423805384.119878.jpg

Last edited:
That's going to be a nice transformation from lighter to darker as you smoke it more. I guess this proves the point that briar absorbs tars like Meers do.

I just received a package from Andrew, a Peterson 1988 and a R. Santia. I love both of those they are going to be in my rotation. $uploadfromtaptalk1423859152149.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1423859165057.jpg

Hirsute

Another arrival today. A nice chunky Savinelli Club billiard with a silver band and Cumberland stem. It's a European market pipe, so it's a 9mm filter pipe. Great smoke with or without a filter!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423896312.097834.jpg

Top Bottom