What's new

Giant Junior

I just completed my first shave with a circa 1914 Giant Junior this morning. I picked it up at a "Mantique" store in Tulsa a few weeks ago. Although it was not in mint condition I couldn't resist the challenge. I ended up pulling the spine and clipping the corners of a regular SE blade to fit. I discovered the best cutting angle seemed to be about halfway between a 1912 and a Gillette DE.

Does anyone out there have a proprietary blade for this razor they could part with or at least post a picture here of what one looks like?

Thanks, jc

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 85
Best I can find ...

proxy.php

... just a rectangular blade. Your hack is no doubt much akin in terms of size.

Best I can find ...

proxy.php

... just a rectangular blade. Your hack is no doubt much akin in terms of size.

Thanks for the reply, I found two old ads but never stumbled across this one. As you said probably not far off from the original.

How in the world do you insert/remove the blade? It doesn't even seem to have blade stops?

No stops, it just seemed to fit and I compared the blade to comb relationship with some of my other SE's and decided to give it a whirl.

Good man! It's always would trying out these weird contraptions ... my other strategy is to see whether an injector could be positioned up front to the guard and held in place under tension; and since there appears not to be a blade stop, this could give you a kind of "adjustable" setting.

Have fun!

Good man! It's always would trying out these weird contraptions ... my other strategy is to see whether an injector could be positioned up front to the guard and held in place under tension; and since there appears not to be a blade stop, this could give you a kind of "adjustable" setting.

Have fun!

10-4, I was hoping to at least get a dimension on an original blade so I use it as designed. I'm not sure the blade holders have enough tension to keep an injector in place but it would be worth a shot.

Top Bottom