What's new

New (to me) LPs

Anyone else here a vinyl buff? Went today and got a steal on some classic vinyl. I got:

Led Zeppelin- physical graffiti
Peter Framton - Framton comes alive
Bruce Springsteen- born in the USA
Bob Seger - night moves
Alice Cooper - schools out
Bob Marley - legend

I'm a bit annoyed with myself though, I didn't look at the Zeppelin album even though I looked at all the others and both records are warped so the first song on each one is messed up. I guess it's because I'm such a big Zeppelin fan that I just wanted it.

Tell me what you guys have in your collection that makes you happy!

Well, I'm stupid and tried cleaning my stylus and pretty sure I screwed it up, now it's distorted and skips around. I'm so pissed at myself.

I am a big vinyl fan! Too many favorites to mention. There are a few great sources for new vinyl out there including Amazon, which has a surprisingly large selection, and Music Direct, which owns their own mastering company Mobile Fidelity.

You'd probably enjoy gemm.com and discogs.com (to catalog your collection as well).
I collect all over the map. From early 1900s shellacs to blues, jazz, rock and opera.
It's a sickness...
Just enjoy the music!
$rr1 (2).jpg

Attachments

• $rr1.jpg
    $rr1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 46

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The only vinyl I have is LZIII- I didn't get into Zeppelin until the late 80's, and everything was CD then. A friend bought me LZIII for Christmas years ago. We were talking about missing album art, and he mentioned that LZIII had a wheel you could spin that showed different pictures through holes cut in the cover. One day I will buy a turntable to listen to the album on :biggrin:

I have about 200 vinyl LP's from the 1970's through late 80's. I cover the gamut from jazz to Cichgo to Jimmy Buffett to some rock to show tunes. I am old enough to have bought these when they originally came out.

The only vinyl I have is LZIII- I didn't get into Zeppelin until the late 80's, and everything was CD then. A friend bought me LZIII for Christmas years ago. We were talking about missing album art, and he mentioned that LZIII had a wheel you could spin that showed different pictures through holes cut in the cover. One day I will buy a turntable to listen to the album on :biggrin:

No better time than now! Actually they are pretty cheap. The one I have is a Sony usb turntable and it was $125 at best buy. I got it on sale for $80 before Christmas. It is not the best but it does the job. I would love to get a nice vintage one like the guys in the other thread have but I'm ballin on a budget like they say.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No better time than now! Actually they are pretty cheap. The one I have is a Sony usb turntable and it was $125 at best buy. I got it on sale for $80 before Christmas. It is not the best but it does the job. I would love to get a nice vintage one like the guys in the other thread have but I'm ballin on a budget like they say.

Once the house is paid off I will be putting together another stereo system. When the wife and I got together in 92 the money was a bit tight, and I ended up selling off my equipment. I will make it right one day.

I bought Fleetwood Mac's 'Tusk' as well as 'The Wall' and several others when the came out. My parents had some original Beatles albums as well. I no longer have any vinyl. But my first record was this:
$Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 7.18.10 AM.png

I probably have around 100 vinyl lp albums. I turn them on an old Dual 1229 turntable with one of the high end( for it's day in the mid 70's) Shure cartridge.

Top Bottom