What's new

Overrated Bands

The J. Geils Band.

What an odd choice for an over-rated band. I mean, you can't turn on the radio without hearing one of their many, many classic rock hits. :rolleyes: Oh wait - they had two marginally successful songs. Love Stinks and Centerfold.

Over-rated by whom exactly?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Jefferson Starship not Starship.

Jefferson Starship (1974-1984, 1992-Present) is the band which is led by Paul Kantner and Starship (1984-1990, 1991- Present) is the band led by Mickey Thomas. They are two distinctly different bands with a common origin. Jefferson Starship is a great rock band, Red Octopus, Dragon Fly and their latest album Tree of Liberty are some of the best albums I have ever heard. Starship is a fluff-pop vehicle which "built a city" and they play Eighties Oldies shows at county fairs.

Wp

Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship. You may as well call them Jefferson Wheelchair.

Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship. You may as well call them Jefferson Wheelchair.

Blam! My point on prior discussions like this one. Strange though how it is accepted for a band obviously worthy of such ridicule, but when applied to some other "name your much loved band here" people go nuts.

During U2 the other night my brother (a consummate musical luddite) turned to me and said "this is great, these guys aren't a nostalgia act, I'm so used to seeing nostalgia acts I though I was gonna get the same."

This whole thread's a bad idea. All we're gonna see is a bunch of minds that can't ever be changed and how much caps lock and bold face people can use to make their points.

At the end of the day, there's two types of music; good and bad. This is left up to the listener to decide.

now an underated thread that would be cool.
actally i think another thread would be --bands coasting on their reputations.
which is what most of the bands in my earlier post are doing.

Blam! My point on prior discussions like this one. Strange though how it is accepted for a band obviously worthy of such ridicule, but when applied to some other "name your much loved band here" people go nuts.

During U2 the other night my brother (a consummate musical luddite) turned to me and said "this is great, these guys aren't a nostalgia act, I'm so used to seeing nostalgia acts I though I was gonna get the same."

You are letting yourself get sucked into the vortex, just as I almost did a few posts back. Can we please get back to Macion grey's thoughts about pudding?

Last edited:
Top Bottom