What's new

Merkur Progress Amazes

Wow. On a stupid whim I picked up a Progress yesterday and just finished the first shave. I started at 3 for the first pass, and turned it down to 1.5 for the second. I kept it at 1.5 for the spot and stalk touch up round.

I have to say - zero burn, zero! Felt good, and was super close.

Now, I'm learning that there are so many variables in a shave (growth, cream, razor, etc...) that one time doesn't prove anything. However, my face can't wait to put multiple on it using the Progress.

FWIW, I was using a Dorco ST300. My face really likes this blade.

Never say never, but I think my RAD is curred. At least I currently have no desire to try the next thing.

Congrats on your Progress! I started out using mine in the same way. After a few months, I turned it up to 5 and surprisingly found the shave just as smooth and comfortable. There's a good reason experienced shavers ( eg our own nuclearblast and the youtube video Mantic ) note it's one of their favorites... Enjoy!

I turned it up to 5 and surprisingly found the shave just as smooth and comfortable.

Indeed a very impressive shaver as David says, very efficient and smooth, even set to 5. Something about its design, the way it bends the blade ... I can't explain it, but it's definitely one of my favorites.

Great job! I just got back to my laptop after using my Progress, another great shave as always. Loaded a Gillette yellow this time, man, nice blade for sure. I like a mild shave and use mine around a 1.5-2, but thats all that is needed to achieve bbs with that razor, well for me anyways. I dont think Ill ever use mine at a 5, my skin just wouldn't be able to take it! I like using the Progress at that milder setting, its like driving around an old muscle car and knowing you have 400+ horsepower under the hood but instead you just putt around from stop light to stop light never even reaching half throttle, its just to nice to you have way more any time you want it.

This is the progress razor that stopped me buying progress razors.

proxy.php

Congrats..
Merkur Progress also gave me a very wonderful shave today.
Close, smooth, efficient shave without burn and irritation.

Great job! I just got back to my laptop after using my Progress, another great shave as always. Loaded a Gillette yellow this time, man, nice blade for sure. I like a mild shave and use mine around a 1.5-2, but thats all that is needed to achieve bbs with that razor, well for me anyways. I dont think Ill ever use mine at a 5, my skin just wouldn't be able to take it! I like using the Progress at that milder setting, its like driving around an old muscle car and knowing you have 400+ horsepower under the hood but instead you just putt around from stop light to stop light never even reaching half throttle, its just to nice to you have way more any time you want it.

That's almost my exact set-up...Progress around 2, maybe 2.5 on multiple-day growth (and then I can dial it down after the initial WTG pass), and those wonderful Gillette yellow blades.

The driving analogy is spot-on, although I have to say these days I'm driving a Gillette Tech and it needs a Feather blade to accelerate from the off-ramp...:)

Congrats on your Progress acquisition. It was the first adjustable I purchased and remains at the top of my list. On my face, I usually go 4, 3.5 and 3, while on my head I prefer, 3, 2.5 and 2.

I was looking for a Mergress to buy, but didn't see anyone with one in stock.

And what's a Digress?[

QUOTE=watchiekong;7099263]Oh so you love your Progress?:lol:
Here's some RAD for you - have you heard about the Mergress and the Digress?[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom