What's new

Making Arko pucks?

I thought I saw where someone posted how to make Arko conform to a shaving cup or make pucks. Of course, I can't find it now.

I thought it had something to do with grating it, pressing the shavings into a cup, adding some water, then let it sit and dry. Is that pretty much the process?

Okay. I haven't used it yet and it feels too hard in the wrapper but I'll give it a try. Thanks all.

It's firm as a stick but you can press it down with some force.

I prefer it as a stick. I've got the last bit of a stick in my mug only because it was too small for me to hold onto for using as a stick.

I just sliced mine like a salami and then pressed it into my Old Spice mug. Works great as a mug soap.

I just took the stick and pushed it into a glass bowl. Works perfect. I prefer that to the stick.

Been doing that for years -- well, into a wood bowl. Best way to enjoy one of the world's best shaving soaps, IMHO.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
DanSmith, I think this Wiki entry is what you are thinking about. I use it for non malleable soaps, but Arko doesn't need it.

psst. Lots of other great stuff in our Wiki as well.

I just smooshed it down into my beautiful new shaving cup from Goodwill ($0.59!!!). Worked great and was a lot easier than I had originally thought. Thanks all!

We know, but that's the standard red plastic container.

I like my ARKO either as a stick, or mashed into a nice stainless steel tin.

I got crafty one day, and shredded Arko, Williams, and some lavender Glycerin Soap. At about 75% Arko, now I have a version that is slicker, and smells like a walk along the creek. It's a hobby to be enjoyed right?! :thumbup1:

I'm an Arko convert! I smooshed that stick into my cup the other day and used it a few minutes ago. Nice...very nice. The smell doesn't put me off a bit. I actually enjoy it.

Has anyone ever tried adding essential or fragrance oil to a stick of Arko while pressing it into a cup? Curious as to the results if you have.

Has anyone ever tried adding essential or fragrance oil to a stick of Arko while pressing it into a cup? Curious as to the results if you have.

I recently bought some Arko (in a stick) and man that stuff stinks! I cut the stick into pieces, put it them in a Tupperware bowl, and warmed it for 15 seconds in the microwave. It was very soft then, and I pushed the pieces into one, shaped to the bowl. I then added some Musk cologne (just a few drops) and put the lid on to let it sit/soak for a few days. The Arko absorbed the Musk cologne, but now smells like a men's room urinal where the men have been drinking Musk. :ohmy:

So, I emptied out the Arko and put the Tupperware in the dishwasher. Now my wife is mad because the dishwasher smells bad and the Tupperware bowl still smells bad.

Top Bottom