What's new

Similar to Green Irish Tweed?

I recently tried a sample of Green Irish Tweed. Really nice. At the price, is it full-bottle-worthy?? For me probably not. Awesome, but not that awesome. Anyhow, when I tried it, I was immediately reminded of another frag I used to have. I cannot remember for the life of me what it was. I can't recall the name or the house, but it was a clear juice. I mean colourless, like water. Came in a clear bottle and I think it had a brushed aluminum looking top that was sort of egg-shaped. My scent memory could be off too, but I was immediately reminded of this stuff when I tried the green Irish tweed. Any ideas? I've been searching on basenotes and google and I can't find an image. Also, while you're thinking about it, any suggestions for frags that smell similar to GIT without the high price??

I recently tried a sample of Green Irish Tweed. Really nice. At the price, is it full-bottle-worthy?? For me probably not. Awesome, but not that awesome. Anyhow, when I tried it, I was immediately reminded of another frag I used to have. I cannot remember for the life of me what it was. I can't recall the name or the house, but it was a clear juice. I mean colourless, like water. Came in a clear bottle and I think it had a brushed aluminum looking top that was sort of egg-shaped. My scent memory could be off too, but I was immediately reminded of this stuff when I tried the green Irish tweed. Any ideas? I've been searching on basenotes and google and I can't find an image. Also, while you're thinking about it, any suggestions for frags that smell similar to GIT without the high price??

Jackson, agree that Creed is pricey. Let us know, what cologne to you is full bottle worthy?

I would like to have a full bottle of Creed Aventus, and maybe when I'm flush with cash I will get one. I regularly buy Gucci Pour Homme I when I can find it reasonably, Dirty English, Burberry London, Lolita Lempicka Pour Homme. Dunhill Edition. I really like the Creed Original Vetiver as well, but to me, none of the Creeds I've tried are worth the high price.

I'm pretty new to collecting fragrances and to be honest, I'm still really searching for something I absolutely can't live without. To be honest my favorite is probably the Gucci Pour Homme but it's discontinued and getting expensive. And my second is the Dirty English. I know it doesn't get a lot of love, but I love the scent and it's great value.

Wendy from Saint Charles Shave sent me a sample of GIT type aftershave that she made. It's not on her site, but if you contact her, she might be able to make you a batch of aftershave or cologne in that scent.

Jackson, you're way ahead of the game. You can live without Creed, at least for a year or two!
Lol. Yes. My wife says jokingly that I have a bit of a problem. I buy Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave by the case because I have this subconscious fear that one day it will be discontinued or they'll change the formula😨

More than you probably want to read about Cool Water and GIT

Fascinating article. Thanks for posting.

I was particularly struck by the claim that "Creed is...now entirely about raking in perfume profits on a clever mass gray-market scale." About a year ago, I was talking with a salesperson at a local Creed retailer. He said the store's Creed rep told their sales staff that customers need to beware of fakes, especially the bottles that come with inserts featuring Arabic writing, which are a dead giveaway.

I chuckled a bit and told him the rep is just probably trying to ward people off the gray market, since a lot of genuine Creed makes its way to American gray market sellers from the Middle East. I've personally smelled several bottles that included the Arabic insert (and even own a couple), and I can attest they're genuine. How interesting, then, that this article should say Creed relies on the gray market, while a Creed rep was trying to discourage it with (what I presume is) a bogus story about fakes. Maybe Creed just likes to say things the retailers want to hear, so they don't think Creed us stabbing them in the back by supporting a gray market that undersells them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm yeah... Where's the link? Well, if Cool Water smells similar then that would be the one for me. The price is definitely right. The more I think about it, the more I decide that There is no way I will pay for a bottle of Creed. There are wayyy too many great products, that smell great and perform as well or better for a quarter of the price. I know I'm gonna take heat for saying it, but that's the way it seems to me.

Top Bottom