What's new

**Random PIF**- Inspired by talk of the Classics

So I've been watching "The Stallion's" videos on his revisits to classic (non-artisan) shaving products. This, in tandem with my random mood for exercising a good deed, has prompted me to offer this PIF of a classic shaving soap.

This PIF will include a brand new puck of DR. Harris Lavender.

To enter, just type "I'm in" and include the name of the most disappointing (let down after much hype or anticipation) movie you have ever watched.

I'll pick a random number and announce/pm the winner on TUESDAY, 1/27/15, evening.

*PS- it is also my hope that this PIF go to someone who has not yet experienced a classic "high end" shave soap.

I'm in. 1408. John Cusack in another trippy horror flick (after seeing Identity)? Sign me up. But what came out was laughable at best.

Woohoo! I'm in.

Wow, that's a tough one, because the underwhelming ones you generally forget asap.

But, the ones so bad you've gotta laugh... for me that'd be WENDIGO. Sold on its description of being an artsy, psychological, spiritual horror flick turning on family relationships and the Native American spirit Wendigo, it turned out to be artsy only its pretentions and self indulgence, hemorrhoidal itch inspiring slowness, obscure, hackneyed and pointless plot and characters, only to be topped off at the very, very end with a finally seen WENDIGO which looked like Lurch in a Bullwinkle costume on a bad acid trip: a truly abominable where-moose movie!! It was so bad by the end, and we were so frustrated with ourselves for having put up with this abuse (self-abuse?) -- FOR THAT?!?! -- that we just started howling in derisive laughter at the movie and ourselves as did most of the audience. The 4.9 it gets on IMDB is pity generosity.

Last edited:
I'm in. Johnny Mnemonic had such a cool concept, and sucked so hard...

I have yet to use a high-end soap, although I have a tub of Strop Shoppe on the way. Would love to try a classic!

I'm in.

IIRC, the worst movie I have ever seen is "The Big Blue" (1988), though I remember nothing about the movie now. The worst movie that I can remember is "No Country For Old Men." Apparently it gets high ratings, but to me, it was one of the worst pieces of crap I have ever seen. Another really bad movie that I have seen is a horror movie called "The Hunger." I've seen a fair number of bad horror movies, but none have ever left me so bored as this one. Finally, I'll throw in a mention of "Human Centipede 2." I liked the first Human Centipede, but the second one was just awful! But that's enough negativity for today. :p

"I'm in" - For me one of the biggest immediate let downs was "Inglorious Bastards", I remember the excitement from the first trailer preview, and then utter just "What the Hell" as I left afterwards.

I'm in
Most disappointing movie for me was Million Dollar Baby. I'm a big Clint fan and really enjoy boxing, so I figured that it would be good. Not so much......

Im in. Have yet to try Dr. Harris.

Nightmare on Elm Street. Not the originals but the remake. It was terrible. Even worse they didn't use Robert Englund as Freddy.

I'm in and thanks for the chance. The list of bad movies is extensive....I'll submit Battlefield Earth from 2000 staring John Travolta. I had enjoyed the offbeat humor in the book, but the film was pure misery.

I'm in! I think the biggest disappointment for me was Indiana Jones in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean really? What were they thinking. I would really love to try a lavender scented old school cream/soap. Lavender is one of those scents that is a very manly floral scent. Thanks for the opportunity for a PIF.

Top Bottom