What's new

The Light Has Gone Out of My Eyes

A few hours ago we made the toughest decision any pet owner can make. We let our beloved girl Fremiet slip into piece.

She has been a wonderful pet and companion for 14 years and it was hard to see her in discomfort the last few weeks.

Fremiet has been in decline for a few months but the last week she was having difficulty breathing and slept most of the day and night.

We decided that it was best for her to let her go before she started feeling pain so she went for her last "ride in the car" a few hours ago.

Sleep well my love. I will see you again someday very soon.

http://fremiet.com/

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm sorry for your loss, Mick

Losing a pet sucks, but remembering the joy makes it worth it. I believe, like you, that we will get to see all of or loved ones again, once we pass. It makes it a lot easier to say goodbye, because it's only temporary.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear that you have a hole in your life right now - it's really tough. As was said, focus on the joy of the relationship and be grateful for it.

I'm sorry for your loss, Mick. You did the right thing and take solace in that you gave her a good life.

Never fun. I'm glad you got to spend 14 years with her. My wife and I are currently having "the conversation" with our vet about our cat, who is also around 14.

We lost our dog "Snickers" after 15 years with us last April. Dogs become part of your family. Losing them hurts a lot. You are in my prayers

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
So sorry for your loss, Mick. I know that you've struggled with this decision for a while now. Rest in peace Fremiet.

So sorry for you loss. Making the decision to stop the suffering is hard. It breaks my heart every time I've had to do it. It's the right thing to do - hang on to the good memories. Rest in peace Fremiet.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Those are lovely photos of Fremiet. In a couple months, you and your wife will be able to look and finally smile at those and all the other photos you have.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I'm truly sorry Mick; I know myself how much it hurts when they leave us. Cherish the memories, my friend.

I don't know what's worse, deciding to euthanize a beloved pet and going through the process, including holding it while the vet administers the injection...or taking care of a beloved pet as it declines in health to the point that it needs you to help it stand to eliminate waste...only to come home and discover it passed away while you were at work.

I have done both, and each is terrible in it's own way.

Very sorry for you loss, and kudos for a difficult decision.

Top Bottom