What's new

The Envelope Please

I've been having fun with envelopes lately. It's fun to be that weird uncle that actually sends mail.

Addressing to kids or family takes the pressure off.

Attachments

• $envelope1 (1 of 1).jpg
    $envelope1 (1 of 1).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 329

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've been having fun with envelopes for many years myself.

Apparently not quite that much fun ... that looks great! I wish I were more of an artist.

It was a dark and stormy night. She was paying bills. I reached across, grabbed an envelope, and offered to help. "Here, let me address this one," I said. ....

(the ladies dig nice handwriting)

Attachments

• $FullSizeRender.jpg
    $FullSizeRender.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 153
This is not a private thread. You're invited to post any envelope pics.

This time, Diamine Chocolate.

Attachments

• $butterfly (1 of 1).jpg
    $butterfly (1 of 1).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 132
What do you use? I assume it's a dip pen, but I'd like to know the tools and what it took to learn such script. I'm always envious of penmen. I have several dip pen nibs and calligraphy inks but I can never get anything that resembles nice script like that.

Wow! After looking at your beautiful envelope work, I feel I am forced to just go back to email...

p.s. I like the looks of that Diamine Chocolate by the way.

What do you use? I assume it's a dip pen, .....

Only on the butterfly envelope. It's a crow quill, with a 102 nib. The local art supply store had them for ~$2, each. I had to give it a try. This is my first dip pen.

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Cameraflier, B and B's Weird Uncle has a beautiful handwriting for those envelopes.

And he sent me this Professor's jacket.

That man may be weird, but he's a great guy.

$jacket from cameraflier.jpg

Some of my Christmas cards from last year. Used brush pens and Pilot Parallels. Even did the little Christmas trees with a metallic ink brush pen.

OP, yours are super nice...artwork and penmanship!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom