What's new

Calling on the Iowa Wet Shavers.

making a trip from Omaha, NE to Des Moines and want to hit up some stores in the area that may have Safety Razors or other equipment for wet shaving. Are any of you able to tell me what stores are better or that i may have luck in. I know im reaching here a bit but hoping someone will respond. :)

AoS at Jordan Creek Mall on Mills Civic Parkway is the only place I know of and it's too expensive for me.

Des Moines is a waste land when it comes to a lot of things but for wet shaving it's really bad around here.

I would think you're better off in Omaha but I know online is where I'm getting 99.99% of my stuff with Wal-Mart providing the other 0.01% or less.

Have you thought about going to Kansas City instead? :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Yeah i was thinking about stopping at the Brass Armadillo, i have seen a few around Omaha but mainly techs and NEWs. I'm hoping to be lucky and finally find my Gillette Big Boy but prby slim pickings. there have been some decent vintage brushes but everything would need new knots. I think the hipster kids (no disrespect intended) have cleared out Omaha on a constant basis. Lincoln isnt any better.

I live near Des Moines. And I regularly haunt various shops. And very seldom do I find anything. Once in a while, but not very often. The selection at the Brass Armadillo changes often. It's probably as good as anyplace to start. There's a couple shops in Valley Junction that are possibilities. One had quite a few shaving items, but no bargains.

As for AoS, I wouldn't take the time. It's a smaller shop and no different from the rest.

I assumed you were asking about new stuff. Sorry!

I went to Brass Armadillo yesterday and I think all the shaving stuff would be in the 3 1/2 rows of glass front cases. I went through them yesterday a couple times and found a few straight razors but most were in sad shape. A few looked good. I didn't notice any nice DE razors. There were a few ancient Schick injector types but I wasn't much interested in them. One case had several brushes in them but I'm not qualified to judge used shaving brushes.

I looked at every straight razor I found and only maybe 3 of them looked like they were in good shape ... maybe.

Yeah we hit there sometimes i had a couple decent scores but im not sure how often they update their stuff?

Top Bottom