What's new

Lord Platinum Users

I have been using a Lord Platinum blade for the last 5 days now and am pretty pleased with it. I had one package and used the other 4 in my 34C or Tech and don't recall being that impressed with them. I have been using my Fatip Piccolo almost exclusivly now and really feel this blade shines. Smooth, comfortable, and close. I seldom go beyond 5 shaves on a blade but feel this one has a little life left in it yet. Did I just get a good one out of the bunch or are these blade that good in the Fatip?
Any Lord blade users out there want to chime in? Very little recent reviews on these.

I've only used the Lord Platinum from their line of blades, but I find it to be a very nice blade for the price. Sharp and relatively smooth. On the other hand, I didn't get along well with the Shark SS also made in Egypt by Lord.

I like them in more aggressive shavers but in mild razors, not so much. I prefer the SS blades (extra, super and classic) over the Platinums and Chromes.

I am sorry to say, i never got any luck with any of the lord blade i have tried. I really really wanted to like them but no luck.
I am glad they work for others like you.

Shave no 6 on the Lord P today and still as good as #2. I don't think I have ever gone beyond 6 but may try it tomorrow.

I have gone 40 shaves on a lord platinum. They stay smooth. Just keep going until you get irritation. Then you know it is done.

I like them. I've used them in a parker 24c and a r41. A lot like Astra's. Maybe not as sharp but as smooth.

A lot like Astra's. Maybe not as sharp but as smooth.

That is a lot of YMMV as far as I am concerned. If they were like (modern) Astra's I wouldn't have bothered and I like the Lords for their sharpness while I judge the Astra's as not very sharp.

It always amazes me that blades are getting such different opinions. Fun, but a mystery at the same time.

Lord Platinums are a great blade. So much that I picked up a hundred pack. Not the absolute sharpest, but very smooth. These and Astras are my go to blades. I do have many others in my den that I still occasionally sample, but Lords and Astras are the two that work best. One thing though is that I do occasionally get a Lord Plat that just isn't up to snuff. I toss it and move on.

...It always amazes me that blades are getting such different opinions. Fun, but a mystery at the same time.

IMO there are several reasons for this, e.g., daily prep variation, technique & weather. In colder Winter areas it's harder to soften up the beard and skin is drier.

I got to shave 7 today on the Lord P. It was still a very comfortable shave, smooth with no irritation. That is it though, although it was a DFS it just didn't feel as close, so it's on to another blade/brand tomorrow. That was the last Lord in the pack. Bummer! Now I need someone to trade.

That is a lot of YMMV as far as I am concerned. If they were like (modern) Astra's I wouldn't have bothered and I like the Lords for their sharpness while I judge the Astra's as not very sharp.

It always amazes me that blades are getting such different opinions. Fun, but a mystery at the same time.

Of course it's only my opinion. That goes without saying. I to am amazed about peoples opinions. I get along fine with Astra's and not GSB's while others say both's on their top tier.

Top Bottom