What's new

Mickey Lee Soapworks?

I ordered a couple of soaps after hearing some good things around the internet, but I haven't read much on here. Anyone here have any thoughts to share? I love the ingredient list and their scents are really cool. Very excited to try The Drunken Goat.

http://www.mickeyleesoapworks.com/

I only have Cocoa Maya, but it's a terrific performer. Really good stuff. The Drunken Goat seems to be the most popular, although Kraken seems well-revered, too. The owners also seem like nice people, too, which is a bonus.

Good stuff! I have Italian stallion. I don't care for the scent. But the lather is super slick and really nice. It took about a max 20 secs for the lather to be shave ready. I will try a different scent next time. I should also mention the soap is moisturizing. Shea Butter and lanolin are great!

$1421222310741.jpg

Last edited:
YES! I was waiting for Drunken Goat to be back in stock! Glad I caught this thread.

Been itching to try more soaps with lanolin, because I want to know if lanolin is the reason I enjoy Stirling and B&M so much.

Excellent soaps, I have 4 different ones and they all perform marvellously well. My favourite scent is the Kraken, but it's not because the other scents are bad. Kraken just smells that good ;)

Good morning, gentlemen. Mickey Lee has some of my favorite smelling soaps. Their quality is excellent. And the post shave feeling is great.

As far as Drunken Goat: It smells very much like a molasses cookie made with goat milk (not that I have ever tried it. Just my interpretation). I'm not sure how to sum it up, other than that. It's sweet and rich with a complementing sour, from the goat milk.

Received my order today. Very excited to try Drunken Goat tomorrow! It smells unlike any soap I have ever smelled. Brown sugar cookie or something like that.

Received my order today. Very excited to try Drunken Goat tomorrow! It smells unlike any soap I have ever smelled. Brown sugar cookie or something like that.

I'll be joining you in that adventure. I'll post my thoughts on this thread and we can be a drunken herd of goats.

The shave was great. I used my Tech today, and will probably use something more aggressive with it in the next couple shaves... probably my 1912 and then my NEW LC, just to affirm my feelings on the soap.

This is pretty slick stuff. As I expected based on the ingredient list, it can be placed into a category with B&M and Stirling. I'd say it behaves more like B&M than Stirling. You can get a good lather from a 20 second load. The test lather was a load of 30+ seconds, and it made enough lather to fill up my Omega 49, which is more lather than I typically need. With Stirling I usually have to load quite excessively; typically 45-60 seconds.

Protection was right where I wanted it. Post shave (which is where I'm very critical) was exactly what I was hoping. I'm no professional, but I suspect that I have a preference for lanolin in my soaps. First Stirling... then B&M... now Mickey Lee... and a lot of vegan soaps that just didn't do it for me.

And the scent of Drunken Goat. Their description and the feedback from other wet shavers is spot on. Very good strength to a wonderful scent. It's sweet enough where it doesn't make you smell like beer. The big reasons I wanted to try Mickey Lee was to test my lanolin theory, but also because I think the scent is a good changeup from what I've used from other artisans. I'm glad to say that this soap/scent will likely fill this role in my den.

Oh! And one thing I enjoyed was that the lather maintains a big of that chocolatey color. You can see the contrast against my white sink... it has this beige hue to it. Nothing important, but I get a kick out of that.

I shaved with Drunken Goat for the first time this morning. I must say, I am a huge fan! The smell is that of a molasses cookie, with cinnamon and brown sugar. I used my ATT S2 open comb slant, and a PAV Brushworks finest badger brush for lather. I didn't quite load the brush as much as was necessary for 3 passes. I face lathered, and it didn't take much to get a nice lather. The face feel is excellent. Very slick and provides good cushion. The smell is fantastic, did I mention that? One thing I love is that the color of the soap transfers well to the lather, so you have this chocolate colored lather which is pretty unique. I am going to work my brush into the soap longer so I can get enough for 3 passes. This is a top performing soap for me. I use MdC pretty much exclusively, but this soap has forced me to have a rotation as it is that good. The post shave feel is very nice, almost to the point where I could saw that an aftershave is unnecessary (I still used an aftershave). I will try Italian Stallion either tomorrow or the next day and report back!

Top Bottom