What's new

How Do I Get All the Water Out of The Converter?

I decided to flush out my newly acquired Safari again, and this time to let it air dry before inking it up. I noticed that there is some water droplets in the converter. Will those just evaporate on their own? Is there anything I should do to ensure that all the moisture is out of the converter before refilling the pen?

It seems impossible to get the coverer completely clean as well. Little droplets of in just seem to remain no matter how much it's flushed. Is this normal?

BTW, I'm using the Z24 converter.

Also, I've seen some YouTube vids of people taking apart the converter. Is this a good idea? Is it necessary for drying, or will it just air dry on its own while the converter is assembled?

Last edited:
A syringe with a blunt tip needle (goulet pen co sells these... or your pharmacist may give you one) is great for completely flushing out a converter. You can then shake out all the water. A few tiny droplets won't affect/dilute the new ink enough to matter. Air drying is the only way to get the converter completely dry if you're storing it for some reason.

-Andy

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A little bit of water residue won't bother your ink or pen. If you obsess about a totally dry converter (and Lord knows we all obsess about something to do with one of our hobbies) then taking the converter off and letting it sit to air-dry is the only way (and this will take a while, so have another converter ready to swap over).

I wouldn't try taking it apart.

I brimg the piston down to about a quarter of an inch from the inner shoulder then twist up some toilet paper thin enough to fit and twist it on in there. faster then the air dry method. some platinum and the older con70 converters are the only ones i know of that come apart easily.

Top Bottom