What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

Thursday night helping out with my son's rifle team. .22 @ 50-yards. Helping and watching the kids shoot is way more fun than me shooting.

$Thomas Range 2.jpg

Tom

You guys are so fortunate over the pond......

In the UK we are not even allowed to hunt with a crossbow.....Air rifles are limited to 12ibs and they are thinking about licencing them...... Hand guns are banned with the exception of 22 target pistols for competition shooting...... If you are one of the fortunate few that can obtain a fire arms licence outside the landed gentry, small a full bore rifles are restricted to a single shot ( non semi automatic )capacity......

Shot guns are restricted to a two shot magazine capacity and if you own one the police have the right to carry out spot checks without notification and if you get caught carrying a small pocket knife you can be convicted for carrying an offensive weapon.....They will be banning Martial Arts next :w00t:

Last edited:
I was testing a recent acquisition tonight at my local range. Well, not too shabby for an amateur shooter with a 1920s/1930s German production Mauser C-96 'Bolo' which has a very worn bore (some traces of rifling left). Flawless function though. I was using some PPU 7.63 Mauser ammunition (wish they'd make a new batch but I suspect they're more concerned with less obsolete calibres right now!).

$10407252_10100624909458634_2912482776050127883_n.jpg$11265454_10100624909428694_5032207498184461444_n.jpg

Spent a day and a half at the Long Island Practical Shooters Association range with Art Brown from the USPSA NROI and a great bunch of guys from the LIPSA taking the USPSA range officer's certification course.

Tom

Shot the World Class Steel - 2015 Speed on Steel NE Regional Championship match with my son and a great bunch of shooters.

$Thomas range NJ 6-7-15.JPG
$Thomas and cart.JPG

Tom

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Why yes it is! Some minor modifications, cigar caddy, and a pair of gun racks and spending the day shooting eight stages is quite comfortable. :001_cool:

Tom
I think I speak for all when I say we gotta see more pics of the stroller.
Cigar caddy?

Yesterday while the wife was having the baby shower, a buddy and I went to the sporting clay's course. I have never shot a course before, all shooting I have done has been off friends throwers. The amount of variety was nuts to me. It was a nice leisurely walk around a mile long loop through the woods with 15 fields and 100 birds. I didn't do so hot, 36, but I had a great time and would love to go back. It also was the first time I had shot an O/U, mine is a pump.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've always wondered about the clays after they are launched and shot at.....do they simply dissolve in to the ground?

I think I speak for all when I say we gotta see more pics of the stroller.
Cigar caddy?

You can purchase "range carts" that are already modified strollers but some strollers are a much better made platform. Look for one with large pneumatic wheels, strip off the safety stuff and clamp on what you need. The lower pouch holds a couple of chairs, drop the back all the way for a couple of range bags, the foot rest is space to strap on a cooler or ammo bag. :biggrin1:

$Stroller rear.JPG
$Stroller side.JPG
$cigar caddy.JPG

Tom

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ingenuity at work! That's really a great idea. Imagine carrying everything you have on that loaded down. Actually you probably have at one time.

Bravo sir!

Another idea to keep in mind.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Went to the range today and shot:
H&K USP Tactical .45
Kimber 1911 Stainless Target 9 mm
Walther PPQ 9 mm

Top Bottom