What's new

What Are Your Food Goals for 2015?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Our food goals for this year are to

- Buy organic when we are able to
- Eat less gluten (My wife is sensitive to it)
- Try to have 3 meatless days per week
- Limit animal fat intake
- At least one smoothie or green juice per day
- Attempt to make all of the above taste good

Chris, the gluten idea is the best except for beer. Smoothies are great if you watch the amount of sugar, whether through fruit, honey or some of the yogurts.

Chris, the gluten idea is the best except for beer. Smoothies are great if you watch the amount of sugar, whether through fruit, honey or some of the yogurts.

Aaron - I said EAT less gluten, not DRINK less. :lol: I'm kidding.

Yes the the smoothies are fun. We do a lot of herb and mushroom powders in them. For sweetness, it is usually a little bit of fruit, maybe some stevia and occasionally a little honey or agave.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron - I said EAT less gluten, not DRINK less. :lol: I'm kidding.

Yes the the smoothies are fun. We do a lot of herb and mushroom powders in them. For sweetness, it is usually a little bit of fruit, maybe some stevia and occasionally a little honey or agave.

I've used the "superfood" greens in my smoothies many times along with protein powder and fruit, skim milk or water. It's not bad. I let dad try it once when he was visiting and he said it tasted like sweet lawn grass.

I may have to include smoothie in my more to eat category.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
With the wife having her gal bladder removed this Thursday and my having diabetes (insulin dependent) I shall now get her on a low carb and low fat diet with me.
Aaron,
As soon as things get sort of normal I shall get you some tamales.
Go smoke a brisket and use the K.I.S.S. Method

With the wife having her gal bladder removed this Thursday and my having diabetes (insulin dependent) I shall now get her on a low carb and low fat diet with me.

Best wishes for your wife's surgery. You will both be in my thoughts.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron,
As soon as things get sort of normal I shall get you some tamales.
Go smoke a brisket and use the K.I.S.S. Method

Just take it easy Marty. I was just kidding about the tamales. Although, if you do find yourself in that certain part of tamale making town....

As for the brisket...I'm going to need to take out a second mortgage on the house to buy one.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This one is a food memory. Not to be taken lightly when your mom made it for you when you came to visit. I guess I need to scrounge up her recipe.

Homemade banana pudding with vanilla wafers. Not boxed or store bought crap here.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This one is a food memory. Not to be taken lightly when your mom made it for you when you came to visit. I guess I need to scrounge up her recipe.

Homemade banana pudding with vanilla wafers. Not boxed or store bought crap here.
Mom made some from scratch over the holidays. She also made a chocolate pecan pie and a pumpkin pie.
she has finally sat down with my wife and given up the recipes. Even the chicken and dumplings!
i hope that the wife's gal bladder lets her cook for me. Haha

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I love banana pudding, but hate vanilla wafers.

Plant a garden and can the surplus.

Acquire a new pressure canner and can some homemade spaghetti, chili, etc.

Acquire a food saver and vacuum seal my frozen foods.

Acquire an automatic bread maker and make my own bread.

Do some fishing, hunting and trapping and cook the fish and wild game, preserving the surplus for later.

Acquire a dehydrator and dehydrate foods and make beef jerky.

I'm not too keen on smoking meats, but I may eventually get interested.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Plant a garden and can the surplus.

Acquire a new pressure canner and can some homemade spaghetti, chili, etc.

Acquire a food saver and vacuum seal my frozen foods.

Acquire an automatic bread maker and make my own bread.

Do some fishing, hunting and trapping and cook the fish and wild game, preserving the surplus for later.

Acquire a dehydrator and dehydrate foods and make beef jerky.

I'm not too keen on smoking meats, but I may eventually get interested.

All good goals. I like the vacuum sealer idea.

Top Bottom