What's new

What's Cooking, 2015

No picture this evening, but dinner was delicious. Marinated salmon in a mixture of soy sauce, orange juice, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, and green onions, then grilled them. Also grilled asparagus that had been tossed with salt, pepper and olive oil; and red potatoes that were sliced, parboiled, tossed with olive oil, garlic, and parsley and tossed on the grill. Paired with a Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc.

Carnitas with a fried egg and green cholula sauce for a late breakfast. Dos Equis to wash it down because...Saturday.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 78
$IMG_0705.jpg

Yesterday's brunch: "nasi goreng ayam" which is Indonesian for chicken fried rice. It's a staple there, usually made with left overs from the previous night's dinner. Topped with a fried egg, colloquially known as "mata sapi", literally bull's eye (if you are ever in a hotel in Jakarta for breakfast, ask the cook on the egg station for mata sapi and they will be well-impressed!)

The can of Bintang is just for window dressing but it was personally brought back from Jakarta!

Last edited:
Fish tacos topped with broccoli slaw and a side of black beans. Dusted mahi-mahi with chili powder and salt and sauteed them. For the slaw I made a cumin-lime dressing.
$uploadfromtaptalk1430087054930.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Picked up some Patak Tikka Chicken Masala Simmering Sauce. I tossed in some chicken thighs. It is simmering now. This will be my first exposure to curry. It may not be homemade, but if I like it then the next time it will.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 40

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Picked up some Patak Tikka Chicken Masala Simmering Sauce. I tossed in some chicken thighs. It is simmering now. This will be my first exposure to curry. It may not be homemade, but if I like it then the next time it will.

Wait till I get there. I'm only 4 hours away.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Patak's was recommended by our resident Brit. Not as good as homemade, but pretty good.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Top Bottom