What's new

Lather Problems and Badger shaving soap

If the lather dissipate after the application it means one of the following two
  1. You need to use even more product. If you spend 30 seconds loading the product on the brush, double the time (in all cases double the time)
  2. it's not a shave soap

Not knowing how that soap works I can't comment on #2. However, if you find another product, I'm fairly sure that it will be better.

Thanks for the reply, I will try even more soap next time. LOL
I will also look at your Kiss my face review, I like their other products so I would be interested in trying their shaving cream. I have a couple of things to try and buy when I am out and we shall see what happens!

I was at Natural Grocers this afternoon and ran across this product thinking I'd give it a try this upcoming weekend. I picked up a puck, as well as their pre-shave oil and the aftershave.

I'm curious if you're also using the pre-shave oil prior to the shave? Not sure if it makes a difference in the lather after it's applied, or the glide, but the instructions on the puck indicate you should use their pre-shave oil first (could be a marketing gimmick).

Last edited:
Yeah I think I've seen it at whole foods. I tried another soap from there, herban cowboy, and it was terrible. Considering the price I passed on the badger.

I was at Natural Grocers this afternoon and ran across this product thinking I'd give it a try this upcoming weekend. I picked up a puck, as well as their pre-shave oil and the aftershave.

I'm curious if you're also using the pre-shave oil prior to the shave? Not sure if it makes a difference in the lather after it's applied, or the glide, but the instructions on the puck indicate you should use their pre-shave oil first (could be a marketing gimmick).

My husband has the pre-shave oil and uses it for his beard. I just haven't tried using it with their pre-shave oil because I figured my leg hair is so fine why would I need it. But I will try it next time and see if it really makes much difference in the performance of the soap.

Its a nice soap other than this issue, I mean it has a nice faint smell, and it does have the slickness, I mean I was still able to shave. And who knows I am very new to lathering so it could be user error. let me know how your shave with this soap turns out.

Yeah I think I've seen it at whole foods. I tried another soap from there, herban cowboy, and it was terrible. Considering the price I passed on the badger.

yeah it is kind of pricey, sadly when I bought it I had no idea how many products better than it were out there. Lesson learned.

Just want to weigh in here and say that I'm ashamed to admit to how many shaves I've squandered on the Badger soap! it was one of the first soaps I found, and I wanted to like it so much. It does work a little better with the BADGER pre-shave oil, but the lather never thickens up! I've tried soaking it, using badger and boar hair brushes, all with very soapy sloppy results. The worst part is the price, and the fact that there are so many better soaps available for less. I do like the pre-shave oil though!

I've seen it at a local brick & mortar and thought it was pricey too. I think they stock the pre-shave oil too but nothing for aftershaves.

Top Bottom