Personna P74 - 27
Personna Super Platinum Chrome - 159
Personna Platinum Chrome - 117
Schick Plus Platinum - 24
Shick Krona Chrome - 3
Wilkinson Sword (UK/FR) - 140
TOMAC Med Prep - 99
Don Juan - 62

I'mI'm going to have to map where all my good b.a.d. friends are... Just in case I have to leave fast, and travel lite. I'll bring my razor, guns, ammo, and food... If'n you all will help me survive clean shaven? (Although I should be good for 4 or 5 years before my short term stock runs out)

77 different blades. RBAD is bad.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1420533848572.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420533848572.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 198
I bought a 100 pack of the Astras when I first got into DE. Got a 100 pack of Derbys and now a 100 pack of Feathers. I have an assortment of other blades, some of whom I also enjoy. I like variety. I think I'll buy favourites in bundles of 20 from now on.

I thought the 137 Red Personna's I have were bad enough! Mind you, I have at least 40ish each of a bunch of brands that didn't work out!

Prepare for the shaving apocalypse! Buy as many blades as you can now!
(You never know when they'll stop making them. It's been 113 years)! :lol:

I first started looking into a change of shave routine because I got tired of running out of expensive retail cartridges. With a little digging, I found I could stock up on twinblades at generic prices, and then I picked up the bug for traditional shaving. With now having DE razors, new, expensive, vintage, and cheap, it just happens that the 100-lots are less than a dime apiece. I am nowhere near as far as you are for future stock, but I think between twinblades and 200 DEs I am about a third of the way there. Since they are in such abundance we have the luxury of replacing them before the shave seriously degrades, and that is a vast improvement on my prior shaving life.
If nothing else, should you lose a job and be forced to watch every penny, you are prepaid on your grooming and you can continue to look your best while seeking another livelihood.

WOW! Some of you have a buttload of blades stockpiled!!!!

I can see stocking up on Astra SP's. I have 100 of them and I have almost 100 Astra SS. I'm starting to like SP's best so I'll probably order a 100-pack of them each month for example til I've got several hundred on tap.

I store them in my sock drawer (bathroom is too humid) in the cartons they came in. I live in the desert so humidity is rarely over 50% and often times much lower than that.

I first started looking into a change of shave routine because I got tired of running out of expensive retail cartridges. With a little digging, I found I could stock up on twinblades at generic prices, and then I picked up the bug for traditional shaving. With now having DE razors, new, expensive, vintage, and cheap, it just happens that the 100-lots are less than a dime apiece. I am nowhere near as far as you are for future stock, but I think between twinblades and 200 DEs I am about a third of the way there. Since they are in such abundance we have the luxury of replacing them before the shave seriously degrades, and that is a vast improvement on my prior shaving life.
If nothing else, should you lose a job and be forced to watch every penny, you are prepaid on your grooming and you can continue to look your best while seeking another livelihood.

Exactly. I think part of the reason why DE shaves are superior to the modern 16-blade wonder razors of today is because you don't feel like you need to milk too many shaves out of that $5 cartridge - ending up with ingrown hairs, rash, etc. DE blades are 10 cents each so the cost is utterly insignificant. I toss the blade after the 3rd or 4th shave and always have a sharp razor this way. :thumbup:

If you are going to have an attack of BAD, now is the time to have it, I suppose. The attack by banksters upon the Ruble currency has resulted in being able to obtain, for under $10 dollars, a pack of 100 excellent blades which might have cost you over $20 just a few years ago. This, in turn, seems to have driven down the prices for the market in general.

A bit of perspective is in order, too. I don't have 5000 blades, but I've got more than I will need for a long time. But even the guy who has 5000 blades, what's he got in that? $300? $500? I think of some other hobbies I'm into....music, banjos, motorcycles..not to say that $500 is negligible...there have been times in my life where that much money was only a dream...a fortune...but in compared to what you can spend on motorcycle parts, or a banjo, or a guitar, it's peanuts. I rarely drink and I've probably got that much money in the liquor cabinet. It's enough for a long weekend with the ladyfriend in Montreal, time you buy gas, a decent hotel room, meals, and a show.

BAD is bad, but even the worse cases are relatively inexpensive.

I've got over 20k

If you only shave once per blade, that's 54 years worth of shaves. If you take it up to 3 shaves per razor, you'd have enough blades for 164 years! You have enough blades for the next two generations. :w00t:

After my recent test with SI's, I can probably just buy 3,000 and not need to make another purchase unless there are some significant medical breakthroughs over the next 50 years. Maybe I should buy 6,000 to be safe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom