What's new

Pif: straight razor starter setup

Mike H

Instagram Famous
proxy.php

I'm in! This would be an introduction to straight shaving. The wife also got me a lesson with a barber as a Christmas gift!

Good luck everyone! These straight starter PIFs are just what a lot of us needed to start! Luckily for one of you, I'm not in ;)

Im in.....I just read a little about the "new BST" today.........not going to cry about it. Like you said this is more like a barber shop as opposed to a swap meet. I still plan on trading some stuff since Im in a sabbatical for next year. Hope things work out.

I'm in.

Thanks for the awesome PIF. Maybe we can start a share-around.
I've been DE shaving for several years now. Lately, I've really wanted to try straight razor shaving. If I find I liked it, I would PIF this razor and buy my own.

I would like to revise my previous post to "I do and I'm in." The reason is that I would like a honing practice razor that is shave ready to start with. I have a new factory GD on the way, but I want to see what the honing marks look like on a shave ready example. I will pay this one forward as well as the inbound GD once it is honed up appropriately.

Last edited:
I do and I'm in.
I have been wanting to try straight shaving with a real straight for a long time. But the initial costs are too high!

I've been wanting to try a straight for AGES, but have been uncertain about plunging in (due to the cost, not the fear factor).
I do agree with all of the points made in your other post, and I'm absolutely IN. Thanks!

:a5:

Congrats to gdgeorge for winning the starter straight setup! This contest is over, thank you for participating!

:spidey::spidey::spidey::spidey::spidey::spidey:

Top Bottom