What's new

Elf on a Shelf - Variations?

For those who don't know about the Elf on a Shelf tradition, see HERE.

When we started the tradition a few years ago, we bought the popular kit that comes with the Elf and a book to explain the concept to the kids.
proxy.php

When my wife and I separated, I needed to get a new Elf for my place for when the kids visited. I recalled having an ornament similar to the Elf in our decorations as a kid, so I asked my mom to send it to me. I have no idea how old this guy is, but at least as old as I am (38) and I suspect, much older. These old Elf "ornaments" must have been the inspiration for the modern Elfs (whose tradition began in 2004/05).

I know there are different elfs out there, and I'm curious to see other folks' elves.

Here is a pic of mine, hanging out on my Spider Shelf. (The candy bar was given to the Elf by my son, since they named him Snickers).

Attachments

• $10848054_10203532455487472_4544517366778727694_n.jpg
    $10848054_10203532455487472_4544517366778727694_n.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 105

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My two younger kids each have there own Elf. One is the original, the other is an aftermarket elf, I will get a picture tonight.

We avoid the Elf on a Shelf trend. That Elf just creeps me out a little bit. That begin said, I always love seeing the creative ways people use and abuse the tradition.

This little creepy %$## is from the late 50's, there was another one but he mysteriously disappeared. To this day my wife will hide this Christmas Devil in places just so he can creep me out. Is it me or does he look eerily similar to Dr. Smith on Lost in Space?

So I present the Devil Brutish Elf on a shelf

$Elf on A shelf.JPG

This little creepy %$## is from the late 50's, there was another one but he mysteriously disappeared. To this day my wife will hide this Christmas Devil in places just so he can creep me out. Is it me or does he look eerily similar to Dr. Smith on Lost in Space?

So I present the Devil Brutish Elf on a shelf

View attachment 532794

Oh my...he does look like Dr. Zachary Smith. "Be quiet you calamitous clump!." Smith was slimy, that elf...now that is evil. Kind of like that Burger King dude in the costume. The elf is sort of the Christmas version of the little evil doll in Trilogy of Terror.

proxy.php

Last edited:
These are much more in he vein of "what the heck are we going to do with the darn elf tonight?"

Zip lining across the living room, and peeking out from a ceiling light. The latter took my kids a while to find- to their delight.

Top Bottom