What's new

Tom Ford Colognes for Younger Men

I went to Sephora and returned with a bunch of higher end designer samples (Hermes Mandarine Ambre, Dior Eau Sauvage, and Tom Ford Noir in Edp and Edt)

I tried the Tom Ford Noir, and I've got to say, it wasn't for me. The initial blast of geranium, powdery iris, pepper, violet, rose - man, this stuff is for old ladies! Help! This isn't Noir, this is Blanche!

The drydown is much better, a stately vanillic amber blended with benzoin, leather, heady patchouli, and civet, but it's a little too stiff, too....mature for a man of my age (23). And with top notes like these, Noir has no place on my shelf.

(Note, I'm no stranger to powdery unisex. I own DHI, MiP, Infusion d'Homme and Pi, and I love all of them.)

Where should I go with this house? Does TF have anything more friendly to men under 25?

I wear Grey Vetiver which I don't smell around often. It lasts all day for me also.

And the Tobacco Vanille is great also.

Granted, I'm 32 but like to think I'm somewhat current and tasteful.

I had the same reaction to TF Noir as you... Not for me.

I went to Sephora and returned with a bunch of higher end designer samples (Hermes Mandarine Ambre, Dior Eau Sauvage, and Tom Ford Noir in Edp and Edt)

I tried the Tom Ford Noir, and I've got to say, it wasn't for me. The initial blast of geranium, powdery iris, pepper, violet, rose - man, this stuff is for old ladies! Help! This isn't Noir, this is Blanche!

The drydown is much better, a stately vanillic amber blended with benzoin, leather, heady patchouli, and civet, but it's a little too stiff, too....mature for a man of my age (23). And with top notes like these, Noir has no place on my shelf.

(Note, I'm no stranger to powdery unisex. I own DHI, MiP, Infusion d'Homme and Pi, and I love all of them.)

Where should I go with this house? Does TF have anything more friendly to men under 25?

I'd buy a sampler pack from something like theperfumedcourt or surrendertochance. I really love Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, and Grey Vetiver. I think Tuscan leather would be a nice 25 yo scent that would stand out from all the Aqua di Gio's out there. Tobacco vanille is pretty sweet smelling and I find Grey Vetiver underwhelming as a scent.

I wear Grey Vetiver which I don't smell around often. It lasts all day for me also.

And the Tobacco Vanille is great also.

Granted, I'm 32 but like to think I'm somewhat current and tasteful.

I had the same reaction to TF Noir as you... Not for me.

Grey vetiver (which I love) only lasts for about 4-6 hours on me.

I was really disappointed by Grey Vet, and they didn't have any Private Blends, at least that I could see. I'll hafta go back and see if they have any. TL and TV are both frags I'd love to get my nose on.

Noir is a rose scent and a pretty strong rose..

Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather
Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
Tom Ford - Italian Cypress
Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
Are great winter scents..

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is one of my favorite summer scents...

You have to go to Sak's or Neiman Marcus to find the private blends in my area..

Last edited:
This was my first thought as well.
You won't see a lot of TF's targeted at 25 and under because that group mostly doesn't have the disposable income to drop $300 on a fragrance.

Thing is though, Tom seems to take "older" scents and somewhat modernize them, which to me, makes them "younger".

Top Bottom