What's new

New to, well -- everything

Hey, All! Thanks for having such an awesome ecosystem for the newbies to lurk/scrape/digest. I've learned a lot by reading the wikis, threads and reviews.

My GF is getting me a brush (Parker) and razor (RazoRock) with a sampler pack of blades for Christmas and I can't wait to dive in. I'm looking forward to not-hating shaving for the first time...assuming that's how it goes. :)

Like the rest of you, I have a beard that's tough to shave without irritation, so I plan to experiment with pre-shave oils, razors, blades, soaps/creams, brushes and balms. I'll continue to hang out and learn - just be patient with me. :D

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm new too, only two weeks into the DE wetshave scene but I can already tell you I'm really enjoying it. The smoothness of the shave, the fun in experimenting with varieties of soaps/creams, brushes, razors, etc just makes what used to be a drudgery fun.

I'm 51 yrs old and can asure you I've always hated shaving. It was never fun. It left ingrown hairs on my neck, etc. I only shaved once or twice a week or when I had to go to work.

Since discovering this fascinating and fun shaving experience I now LOOK FORWARD to shaving every day - something I'd never have thought possible.

Welcome to the site. You'll find anything you need here, from products to help and advice. Just ask, and you'll get the needed answers.

Thanks, all!

JCS, I am in a similar boat. 46, never enjoyed shaving, continually fighting with ingrowns and rash. I shave 3 days per week or it's even worse! I very much hope to have an epiphany like yours.

I will continue to lurk-and-learn...

Welcome! I'm new too, only two weeks into the DE wetshave scene but I can already tell you I'm really enjoying it. The smoothness of the shave, the fun in experimenting with varieties of soaps/creams, brushes, razors, etc just makes what used to be a drudgery fun.

I'm 51 yrs old and can asure you I've always hated shaving. It was never fun. It left ingrown hairs on my neck, etc. I only shaved once or twice a week or when I had to go to work.

Since discovering this fascinating and fun shaving experience I now LOOK FORWARD to shaving every day - something I'd never have thought possible.

Welcome, I am battling the ingrown hair battle myself. I wish us both the best of luck in getting a good shave that won't annoy us.

Hello and welcome, D. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here and have a great time.

Hi and welcome. Was in a similar boat as you. Hated shaving and was intrigued by the straight razor shave. Finally jumped in around thanksgiving (late November-ish) and it has made a huge difference. Never thought I would look forward to shaving.

Top Bottom