What's new

my 15 dollar slim

I won this slim for 12 bucks with 3 bucks shipping. when it got to me it was black it had green stuff growing on it but it worked way better than my old slim it is an h-2. the number click worked and feld good and the last 1/4 turn was like brand new, sometimes i have to fight with my old one to open back up.well here are pics after hot water bath and scrubbing bubbles, still gross after all that work.
$IMG_20141220_121050.jpg$IMG_20141220_121135.jpg
well what do I have to loose, lets polish for a couple of hours right.....tv going metel polish out and white towel going, polish polish polish, lots of jet black on towel..... heres what it looked like when i washed it off....$IMG_20141220_133908.jpg its no captain job but it is the nicest razor i own... so Im going to say 15 bucks total and a couple hours work for a razor like this is a score.... it feels brand new...:biggrin1:

Last edited:
i can imagine captain in his work shop looking at all his before and after pics on the wall and his wife and friends walking in and thinking this guy has lost it, but we understand....:thumbup:

I'd also like to know what polish! I've used, on the recommendation of a revered B&Ber, Maguire's Marine metal polish. Aside from being a bit harsh an irritating in my small apartment, it works great! The amount of black crud is pulls off the razors is astounding, and it gives the metal a bit of a protection against water to boot. Thus far, I've only tried one of the razors I've polished, but it was notably smoother- it seemed to glide across my face much better and the shave seemed closer and required less effort.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Great work! That's a wonderful feeling, isn't it, knocking all the crud off and finding a real gem underneath?

TL

Nice job! I can't believe that's the same razor. Looks great!

Glad you're enjoying it! Now I need to reconsider passing over crusty examples. :lol:

Looks awesome. How do you like it? Trying to get my hands on a H year Fat Boy as well for my father in law as a birthday gift. Let me know if you see anything!

i simply used scrubbing bubbles and cheep polish from the grocery store weimans multi surface metal polish. i used a whithe towl so i could see all the black coming off and even after i bleached it it isstill black it is an h 2 date code, i will keep eyes open for a fatboy but you could always make me an offer on this one i do have 2 slims now, im guessing i dont need two

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Dirty razors don't scare me. In fact I prefer to buy the nasty razors because they are typically cheaper. Condition never bothers me as long as the description says "works" or "mechanically sound" or similar.
9/10 they will clean up and look brand new.

I won this slim for 12 bucks with 3 bucks shipping. when it got to me it was black it had green stuff growing on it but it worked way better than my old slim it is an h-2. the number click worked and feld good and the last 1/4 turn was like brand new, sometimes i have to fight with my old one to open back up.well here are pics after hot water bath and scrubbing bubbles, still gross after all that work.
View attachment 532202View attachment 532204
well what do I have to loose, lets polish for a couple of hours right.....tv going metel polish out and white towel going, polish polish polish, lots of jet black on towel..... heres what it looked like when i washed it off....View attachment 532210 its no captain job but it is the nicest razor i own... so Im going to say 15 bucks total and a couple hours work for a razor like this is a score.... it feels brand new...:biggrin1:
Wow

Top Bottom