What's new

My new FatBoy. The X-604.

Aye, a new toy, ready to go just in time for a nice tactical Christmas shave:wink:

Enjoy that puppy, Sir! It was a fun little project to be a part of:sailor:

Thanks Cap! It was pretty cool to see come together. I think the bronze really turned out well. Rasputin, I sent you a pm. I'll answer any questions I can.

If I understand the procedure correctly, I send the Slim to CAP, who disassembles and cleans it, then he sends it to the other member for painting, and re-assembly. Correct?

Great looking custom! I'm curious whether the matte finish causes a little more dragging of the razor as compared with plated.

Thanks everyone for the accolades! I'm glad you guys like it.

jarz, I haven't shaved with it yet as Jared was still "tuning it" when I had to leave. I have a contract tech that he coated last year. I haven't noticed any real difference between the original gold plate and the matte gold he coated it with. If anything it seems to be smoother than it was before. Some of the Weber guys say their DLC (diamond like coating) has a rough feel but shaves smoother than the smooth plated razors.

I guess my face isn't that fine tuned yet!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419006574.615002.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419006600.076222.jpg
Before:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419010440.714250.jpg

Last edited:
Oh the purists are crying right now. But whatever! I think it looks pretty cool.

We we will need a new thread for modded razors.

Hi,

This gives me an idea involving some assorted NEW parts and my machine shop (where I can play with plating)....... :)

One John Player Special coming soon.....

Stan

Very nice looking razors. Good to see that your vision turned out so tastefully! It's certainly food for though and a cool way to revive user grades as a display piece :)

Top Bottom