What's new

Lipstick style travel tube brush replacement

Hi all. I've done some research and have found nothing to help, so I thought I'd put it out for the experts. I picked up one of those ubiquitous 40's/50's travel kits with the small tubes (one for soap stick, one twist up sythetic brush and a couple of glass vials in a leather case). It would be great to have as an emergency shave kit or even a small travel kit for short trips if I could replace the sythetic brush with a badger knot.

Anyone ever do this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan

A pic would help, but I would check out the brush restoration thread. If you can, steam the old knot out and replace it with a Golden Nib knot or something similar.

Why replace your synth when you can get a travel synth?

proxy.php

I have a very similar looking Parker - real badger. Used it this morning for the first time. In Chicago. I have to sAy it didn't lather all that well. Could be I didn't bring enough cream. Could be the water is much harder than I'm used to on Long Island. Most likely because I tried to build lather in paper coffee cup. Gotta getta travel scuttle, I 'spose.

Last edited:
I use those when I travel. One holds part of an Arko stick, which I cut some pieces and mashed in the tube with the push-up buttom. In the other, I put an Omega 11047, the Mighty Midget. Fits perfectly. I'll face lather when out of town. Sorry, I misread the OP. I was speaking of using the 2 empty tubes that look a bit like salt shakers, supplied in some vintage Gillette sets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom