What's new

Nibbers, recommend my next FP!

Yeah, the one I ordered is brand spankin' new, but only comes with one cartridge. No converter.

Luckily, I called a local stationary store today, and they confirmed they've got lots of the Waterman converters in stock. I'll pick one up before the pen arrives.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You don't need to spend that much for a piston-filler (e.g., TWSBIs, various Noodler's pens, Stipula Splash, certain Indian fountain pens, etc.)

True, but with my Ahab "adventure" I am not going down the Noodler's path again. Great inks, for sure. Pens?...

My first piston filler was a Konrad (been fun - I have a Goulet B in it), then the Pelikan's.... (a 120 M&K, M205, then a M150, another M205) and the most recent a TWSBI 580....... Didn't pay more than about $70 or so shipped for any of them. The Pelikan's were all previously owned, but the 120 was NOS.

get a used lamy 2000 w/ medium nib. you should be able to find one for less than $100 (buy probably closer to $100 than $50)

I'd say look for a Parker 51 because you could find one of those for under $100, but most all of them have Fine or Extra Fine nibs. If you do find a medium nibbed 51, then that would be a good choice. The only problem with finding a medium 51 is that 51's don't really have there nib sized marked on them anywhere, so unless you are trying out the pen in person, you wont really know what the nib size is for sure (it would just be the seller's guess)

Ditto on both points... A Lamy 2k, or a good Parker 51 ( or both), you can't go wrong.

Top Bottom