What's new

Neck question

On my neck right around where the adams apple is there is a small ridge where the skin goes inward, this used to get irritated when shaving with cartridge razors and gets even more irritated with DE razors, if I stretch the skin or do some bull frogging it still gets irritated or I miss hair. any tips?

You could consider using an inexpensive straight razor for that area if you can't get at those whiskers with a DE and all of the known techniques. :biggrin1: Good luck.

On my neck right around where the adams apple is there is a small ridge where the skin goes inward, this used to get irritated when shaving with cartridge razors and gets even more irritated with DE razors, if I stretch the skin or do some bull frogging it still gets irritated or I miss hair. any tips?

I can fully understand, as I have a recessed area just to the left of my Adam's Apple that is difficult to shave with most of my razors. Sometimes to eliminate the need for multiple passes in that area, I'll use my Atra or Trac II just for that one spot, and it seems to work well, as the smaller cartridge is able to get into the recess better than most of my DE's or SE's.
You might consider picking one up, cheap and cartridges are still inexpensive and readily available. Hope that helps.

As someone with a super easily irritated neck, I just gave up trying to get that BBS on my neck area. I do a two pass save, 1 with the grain, and 1 across the grain. I never go against the grain but I still get clean cut smooth shaves. A little creeper stubble is nothing against having an irritated neck! especially if you're like me and have to wear collared shirts and ties to work.

Top Bottom