What's new

The Daimon Barber No. 1 Pomade review

Within the past year or so I've gotten away from using gels, hairspray, and other products and decided to go for the more refined Pomade slick look. After some research and trials using both oil and water based pomades, I found that water based were more up my alley. I didn't enjoy the cleaning period associated with oil based pomade use and my wife definitely freaked out on me staining a couple of our pillow covers with the residual build up left by the oil pomades.

After some further research into water based pomades, I came across a youtube channel hosted by James Bui aka The Pomp. His reviews and in depth looks into both oil and water based pomades lead me to the discovery of, The Daimon Barber No. 1 which is a water soluble pomade (means it washes out completely with just water after one wash). I bit the bullet and ordered my first Jar back in June 2014 and it was worth every damn cent!

The Daimon Barber pomades are produced by two brothers in London, England. They are a relatively new company having only been around the last couple of years and so far have developed only 2 pomades, The No. 1 is water based, the No. 2 is a traditional oil based. They have 3 more products up and coming, 1 will be a vegan pomade, another will be a strong hold pomade, and the 3rd I'm given to understand will be a beard and face tonic for you beard fans out there.

The pomade itself scooped out like oil based, Has an amazing scent that is subtle, clean, and welcoming. The pomade is the first I've ever seen which utilizes Bee Propolis, which helps to nourish the scalp and defend against hair loss. Application was smooth though just the tiniest bit sticky but that was to be expected from a water based product. Unlike other water based products, The Daimon Barber No. 1 combed through smooth, did not dry up or turn brittle, held its composure throughout the day without the need for me to restyle or reapply but did remain malleable in case restyling was needed.

The hold was fantastic. It's listed as a medium hold pomade but it was to me somewhere between medium and heavy hold. I spent the day chasing my children around and my hair remained tight and slicked back on top and the sides. The Daimon Barber No. 1 has been my "go to" hair product ever since. I've tried and tested two others that were on par with this but still remains my number 1. The two other water based pomades I've tried and loved were Admirals, and Teddy boy original.

If anyone else out there has tried Daimon Barber they'll know my experience. If anyone is looking to try Daimon Barber, You don't have to order from England to get it. I got mine from www.pomade.com with free shipping. If you have just never heard of Daimon Barber pomades, do search Youtube for the reviews done by James Bui aka The Pomp.

comment below with any questions, experiences, you might have with Daimon Barber, and as always, Don't just be a man, Be Manly!

Last edited:
$10403210_952495831446369_7782172514878650374_n.jpgDaimon barber No. 1 photographed by me, Atreyu Tienchyu Ocampo

I just recently started using Daimon Barber No. 1 and it's pretty awesome. Smells great and holds well throughout the day. I look forward to them making a firm hold.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Daimon Barber #1 is unquestionably one of the finest Medium Hold water based pomades on the market. As always IMHO.

I just recently started using Daimon Barber No. 1 and it's pretty awesome. Smells great and holds well throughout the day. I look forward to them making a firm hold.

I honestly cannot wait either. The No. 4 I believe will be the firm hold. I'm just anxious to try it and see what new scent they throw in. cause the No. 1 scent is amazing in my book.

The Daimon Barber #1 is unquestionably one of the finest Medium Hold water based pomades on the market. As always IMHO.

Definitely agree with you. Just opening the jar and taking that first sniff, I already knew I was going to have a good day. 4 hours after applying and chasing my daughters around. Yea this pomade proved how well crafted it was made. Big kudos to my fellow London Gents at Daimon Barber for brewing up such an awesome product.

Please add to the Review System!

I reviewed this product based on the following pomade attributes I look for.

1. scent
2 texture
2. application
3. endurance
4. and ease of restyling. (I always search for products that can easily be restyled if needed without the need for extra pomade if possible, and this one definitely didnt need extra, just a dab of water was able to reactivate the pomade already in my hair)

Atreyu, just a small correction. That is pomade.com Pomades.com is a different vendor. Currently they have Damon Barber #1 for $20.96 but no free shipping til you reach $35. I have ordered from pomade.com and they provided good service.

Atreyu, just a small correction. That is pomade.com Pomades.com is a different vendor. Currently they have Damon Barber #1 for $20.96 but no free shipping til you reach $35. I have ordered from pomade.com and they provided good service.

Thanks for the correction and the update. Hopefully that's only for the holidays. I've never had to pay for shipping before and my recent order was November 26th.

$10612632_909584952404124_7512204212074253113_n.jpg$10609541_910770638952222_7775056890383083967_n.jpg$10397985_914458745250078_5913079847681217345_n.jpg$10001319_919955528033733_7572234351941621867_n.jpg$10394042_949330978429521_2880201279875385233_n.jpg

This thought I would upload photos to show that this product is versatile for men of all hair lengths. This was my journey of styling with this pomade from day one (June 2014) and straight til this past week. I never had a bad look or day IMO using this pomade! So to all my fellow pomade lovers or for those gents looking to get into using pomade. I hope this was Helpful.

Top Bottom