What's new

The Daimon Barber No. 1 Pomade review

Did you edit the last photo or do you just have incredibly smooth skin?

the editing on that was the brightening filter on instagram. I am blessed with skin like my mother (Filipina and Japanese), and I have ever so slight wrinkling. I do use an oatmeal smoothing cream (aveeno radiance + positively ageless) that shuts my pores and tightens the skin) Not to sound weird but I also have my moisturizing regiments both night and day and do masks with my wife (she calls me metro sexual). I never really had acne or anything growing up (God bless Asian genes), just the occasional pimple and black head here and there. Helps that I saw my dermatologist every six months during my teens and even until now (28yrs old).

One slab of advice I would give to guys is water consummation is huge part of great skin (I dont consume anything beyond water, juices, and milk), proper moisturizing both day and nights, No scratching the face or facial scabs, No popping pimples, or black heads, No over washing (ex: Wash with a gentle scrub once a day, if you shower more than once in a day like myself, use only water the other time). I do use a motorized facial brush (Olay brand). I don't smoke or consume large amounts of coffee (both wrinklers of the face) and follow up with a dermatologist regularly.

the editing on that was the brightening filter on instagram. I am blessed with skin like my mother (Filipina and Japanese), and I have ever so slight wrinkling. I do use an oatmeal smoothing cream (aveeno radiance + positively ageless) that shuts my pores and tightens the skin) Not to sound weird but I also have my moisturizing regiments both night and day and do masks with my wife (she calls me metro sexual). I never really had acne or anything growing up (God bless Asian genes), just the occasional pimple and black head here and there. Helps that I saw my dermatologist every six months during my teens and even until now (28yrs old).

One slab of advice I would give to guys is water consummation is huge part of great skin (I dont consume anything beyond water, juices, and milk), proper moisturizing both day and nights, No scratching the face or facial scabs, No popping pimples, or black heads, No over washing (ex: Wash with a gentle scrub once a day, if you shower more than once in a day like myself, use only water the other time). I do use a motorized facial brush (Olay brand). I don't smoke or consume large amounts of coffee (both wrinklers of the face) and follow up with a dermatologist regularly.

That is quite a regimen, I have tried something like that before but just gave up :lol:

Atreyu, I am about as far from a Metro as you could get but I will wholeheartedly second the notion of a facial mask every now and then. The clay mask really clarifies the skin and leaves mine feeling softer than usual. I have pure Celtic hide. Blonde hair, blue eyes, lighter skin, etc. and in the winter my skin can actually flake off it gets so dry. Yet at the same time over doing it with emollients is a no no as well. The best bet for me is is great quality soaps from our small vendors. These are about as good as it gets. Aloe juice(not gels) and other light moisturisers work best for me but in the winter I have to experiment with slightly heavier emollients. NO petrolatum or mineral oil on my skin. It makes me break out at times. It does not mix with human skin, it seals it. I have to have more natural waxes like lanolin or shea butter. Whatever I use, I wish I had started with it twenty years earlier.

Atreyu, I am about as far from a Metro as you could get but I will wholeheartedly second the notion of a facial mask every now and then. The clay mask really clarifies the skin and leaves mine feeling softer than usual. I have pure Celtic hide. Blonde hair, blue eyes, lighter skin, etc. and in the winter my skin can actually flake off it gets so dry. Yet at the same time over doing it with emollients is a no no as well. The best bet for me is is great quality soaps from our small vendors. These are about as good as it gets. Aloe juice(not gels) and other light moisturisers work best for me but in the winter I have to experiment with slightly heavier emollients. NO petrolatum or mineral oil on my skin. It makes me break out at times. It does not mix with human skin, it seals it. I have to have more natural waxes like lanolin or shea butter. Whatever I use, I wish I had started with it twenty years earlier.

Thats actually interesting, I been looking into aloe uses for my skin.. My Favorite mask that me and my wife love is Evan Healy Rose.

This thread is absolutely amazing to me. I just started using an aftershave for the first time after 40 years of shaving.

This thought I would upload photos to show that this product is versatile for men of all hair lengths. This was my journey of styling with this pomade from day one (June 2014) and straight til this past week. I never had a bad look or day IMO using this pomade! So to all my fellow pomade lovers or for those gents looking to get into using pomade. I hope this was Helpful.
It is very helpful, yes. Most of the reviews/videos of pomades I've seen show guys with huge mops of hair that they style into 1957-ish coifs or pomps. And they use a ton of product to get the hold they need. After a fresh cut, my hair is somewhat like yours in the pic with the black hoodie, so it's good to know that this stuff suits shorter styles.

Kev, I am the same way. If I used the 'finger full' method of applying pomade to my hair that some of these guys do, I would look really weird. I have enough hair to do the pomp thing but it is the wrong colour for that. So I stick to a contour/businessman/whatever you want to call it haircut. A bit longer than Atreyu's on the top but my hair has a bit of body and is fairly thick stranded for blonde hair but still fine. Still, the grease filled mop top is not really an issue for me. Just for laughs when I get close to my next haircut I may go full grease for one day to see what looks like. Other than that the pea sized amount is usually sufficient.

Top Bottom