What's new

Looking For A Travel Bag!

Hey guys,

So, with Christmas coming up, my parents keep asking me for ideas. One of the only things I can think of would be a nice, leather travel kit for my brushes and razors. I've seen some really nice ones online for about $300. Monogrammed and everything. Anyone have any recommendations for such a thing? I'm looking for something that will last a long time and am definitely willing to pay the premium for that.

Or some travel kit advice in general!

Thanks!

The leather razor kit from Above the Tie looks nice but only holds your razor and some blades. I have the alpha one niner that I just put shaving stuff in...razor, blades, brush in travel tube, aftershave, alum, tub or two of soap depending how long I am going to be out. Use a separate dopp kit for other toiletries. I do have the luxury that most of my flying is on a private aircraft and any repositioning flights on airlines the company picks up so I don't have to worry about paying for checked bags.

its not that spendy,but my ll bean dopp kit travels well and is very durable and handy,

Attachments

• $DSCN0773.jpg
    $DSCN0773.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 374
  • $DSCN0772.jpg
    $DSCN0772.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 375
I would not recommend leather. Years ago, I got a fancy bridle leather "doctor's bag" case that cost a small fortune. With frequent travel, container spills and wet hands grabbing for contents it developed a number of stains that can't be cleaned. For best results, go with either canvas (washable) or ballistic nylon. Beckel has some simple but nice canvas kits. Tumi has some good nylon ones.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Google Dopp Kit. You'll get plenty of hits on good quality kits for $50-150 that should fit your needs

Personally I would use something like Skeezixx posted or one of those Maxpedition pocket organizers. Mostly due to the fact I would expect something to go wrong and mess up the nice leather case and with these their at least cheap and can probably be cleaned easier. Either way I hope you find something you like and works for you, good luck in your search. (Wish I could recommend something that fit your tastes but I don't know of any sadly.)

I have a Tumi dopp kit that was a gift from graduating high school almost 20 years ago. it has held up incredibly well and still gets regular use. my friends mother had our initials monogrammed on it.
I love it and would recommend it without hesitation

Just saying I went to Ross for one. If there is a Ross department store around you check it out. I got a Calvin Klien one for 9 bucks. Brown faux leather with a grey microfiber accent on the bottom and neoprene inside so water resistant. I was looking for one online and I don't have that much money to spend so I couldn't buy it. Ross is awesome lol

I travel a lot and use a Tumi Hanging Alpha 2 in leather. It's huge but I stock it with: brush, razor, cream, AS, balm, collapsible cup, and other regular toiletries. Tumi makes a smaller version of that bag which would be more appropriate for basic travel needs. My previous leather bag lasted 12 years.

Not sure where you're located but being in Toronto I order from Fendrihan. For my location, shipping is very reasonable and they often have some pretty good deals. Anyway, this bag was on special today for $130 but already sold out :(. Reg. price is $200 CDN. It's the Daines & Hathaway Military Wet Pack. They've got a few different styles. http://www.fendrihan.com/daines-hat...rooklyn-leather-with-black-lining-p-3752.html

I'm sure you can find it elsewhere cheaper but regardless, it looks nice to me! Good luck with the hunt!

$daines & hathaway 2.jpg$daines & hathaway.jpg

I have an old fossil top kit that I received for Christmas about 10 years ago. I travel often for work and I take it with me every time. Its held up well, in fact other than a few scratches on the leather it looks new. I'm sure it cost no where near your $300 mark. I tried the military kits because I liked the style, but I just had trouble fitting all my Dopp Kit needs (essentially I needed 2 kits, 1 for shaving, 1 for toiletries) which didn't work for me.

Mine is very similar to this in black.

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp...IPLBdbht23-JPw5xOeLXLOzzvhxrY-BkEWxoCdNjw_wcB

Top Bottom