What's new

British Shavers Unite

Greetings from England! I hope it is not thought presumptuous of me to suggest a brotherhood for gentlemen located in the United Kingdom.

I think it would be very useful as the UK membership has perspective on costs and accessibility of products than our North American brethren. Having our own section of the forum will allow us to share information of particular relevance to our island including : UK based pifs and pass-arounds, UK online retailers and vendors, UK barbershops etc.

I imagine that as the British are a friendly, international people, we would welcome associate membership from our friends in Ireland and throughout the European Union as many shipping, costs and geographic considerations will overlap.

Possible Acronyms:
BBS (Brotherhood of British Shavers)
SOA (Shavers of Albion)
SUK (Shaving in the United Kingdom)

thoughts?

Great idea!

As an ex-pat Brit, I'd like to be an 'associate' member if possible! I do make it to the UK several times a year.

My vote would be BBS. (not SOA, that's an acronym for the clap here in NL!).

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I'm glad to see this club, because many of us "Yanks" have UK brothers and sisters that are very good friends. But I guess maybe we can't post here....

All are welcome! This can be what people make it but it can be a place to share information and links of particular interest to people living in, or with an interest in British shaving. I believe that we will interpret British shaving very broadly to include vendors, barbers brands and sharing uk specific deals pifs etc. make this what you will!

Also, thanks to everyone for responding so quickly and spreading the word!

I think this is an excellent idea! Im always keeping my eyes peeled for UK posts. I know there are other uk based forums but nothing quite compares to BB, its a worldwide community.

I am from the south of England, I'm in!

I always think it's a shame we can't get hold of good u.s artisan aftershaves due to the alcohol content and strict shipping rules.

However getting their soaps doesn't seem to be an issue, as people like Shaving Station are bringing them into the UK.

I'm about an hour outside London. Thinking of making a pilgrimage to the Jermyn Street stores some time soon.

Top Bottom