What's new

Schick Krona, all the same?

Was looking to pick one of these up. I noticed that there is some with the Schick Krona name imprinted on the head and some without this imprint, is there any difference between the 2? Also there is some with a metal tip and some with a black tip, do they all shave the same?

How does this razor compare to a Gillette Tech in terms of aggressiveness?

Last edited:
IMHO they're milder than Techs, but you can still get a pretty decent shave with a Krona.

They're just a bit picky about angles, their effective shaving angle range is very limited, you really have to find the sweet spot. Other than that it's a nice razor.

I don't know if there's any difference between versions, I only have my Grandfather's metal tip Krona, nothing on the doors.

There is no difference between versions, although some are fooled into believing it because the metal knob one may be a tad heavier. I can tell no difference. As far as the angle, just use the bevel on the head as your guide. Of all my DE razors it would be the last I would sell. It's a far better design than any Gillette IMO.

There is no difference between versions, although some are fooled into believing it because the metal knob one may be a tad heavier. I can tell no difference. As far as the angle, just use the bevel on the head as your guide. Of all my DE razors it would be the last I would sell. It's a far better design than any Gillette IMO.

I agree. Schick set the razor angle for you, so it's pretty fool proof. A great razor in my opinion.

Top Bottom