What's new

Shaving gel from arbonne

Just a question is it good to use shaving gel whit a DE shaver. I did received that gel as a gift and i wont to make a try. I also know that is better not to use à brush cause it could damage it. Tanks

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you are asking if it is ok to use a shave gel with a DE razor...yes it is perfectly ok.

I also have no reason to think shave gel could damange a brush.

Is it ok to use shaving gel whit a DE shaver. I know that it's not good for the brush and your suppose to put it whit your fingers. The lather of the gel would damage the blade. Than you

No worries, it won't damage the blade or your razor unless you don't rinse them off. If you like the gel, have fun, but you won't find to many people here stepping up to recommend them due to most of them being seen as being bad for your skin.

Welcome to the forum!

It should be fine to use gel, but a good brush, soap and face-lathering is much, much better and more enjoyable! :thumbup:

Welcome! Imo soap is better and more fun(I.e. more smells and options), but use what works for you. I don't think it will damage your brush if you rinse it well.
HTH and good luck!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Welcome to the forum!

It should be fine to use gel, but a good brush, soap and face-lathering is much, much better and more enjoyable! :thumbup:

+1 Using a DE razor in place of a cart is certainly a huge upgrade, but for a full wet shaving experience you need a good brush with a shaving soap or cream. In the meantime, if you desire to stick with a gel or foam that's perfectly fine and won't damage at all the blade in your safety razor. Welcome to B&B, Sir.

I would highly recommend the C.O. Bigelow shaving cream. It is fairly easy to find as it is sold at Bath and Body Works (I typically find it in the back of the store off to the side near the registers) and is very reasonably priced at $10 per tube. Bath and Body Works coupons are readily available. The cream is easy to lather and shaves great. You will need a brush to work with it. I think it would be a great next step of you're uncomfortable going to soaps.

Who said you can't lather with a Gel? I do that from time to time. Not sure which gel you have, but most of them lather decently, and some of them lather as good as creams.

Gels are ok in a pinch, but I've never found any as good as a soap or cream. For me, the latter are slicker, give better protection and are generally cheaper in the long run. But, ymmv.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I've used Edge gel and Barbasol a lot in the the past with no problems or blade damge, so no worries there.

Welcome aboard and gel will be fine. If you don't want to use a brush there are plenty of good quality brushless creams like Lucky Tiger and Kiss My Face that you can use as well.

I do prefer shaving soap or cream but i received that tube of shaving gel as a gift and i was just currious if it work whit DE saving. Thank's for all the reply Guitar10

Last edited:
Gels won't damage your blade. Some brushes can develop problems with some of the ingedients of some gels. If you're really worried buy a cheap brush. OR buy a good synthetic brush and use it for gels. There is absolutely nothing to stop you lathering with a gel if you like it go ahead and keep using it. The whole point of switching to traditional shaving is that it's meant to be enjoyable. I personally prefer soaps and creams - but I have a can of dirt cheap shaving gel that I bought in Aldi* which I use occasionally and enjoy doing so, it's very good quality.

* Note to non-European readers Aldi is a rock-bottom price supermarket chain based in Germany with branches throughout Northern Europe.

I find that the can of Edge that I have been using for 30 something years (no, not the same can!) is much more convenient when traveling than toting around brunch, tub of soap, etc.

Top Bottom