What's new

Desert Island Tobaccos

I was reading a tobacco review and someone had mentioned blend X as their desert island tobacco...

So it got me thinking, what blend would I bring to a desert island? :blink:

I thought that 3 would be enough, but it still became too difficult. :huh:

So 4, :biggrin1: yup 4 is the magical number of blends that you could bring to a desert island. They would be in never ending supplies. Choose carefully

In no particular order

1.Holger Danske Royal Navy Flake
2.Solani Aged Burley Flake
3.EMP
4. Solani 633

1) Penzance
2) McClelland's XMas Cheer 2013
3) 3 Oaks Syrian
4) Ennerdale Flake

This is more difficult than I thought.

This is more difficult than I thought.

I was foolish to think that 1 would be enough. Naive at 2 and troubled at 3. More than 4 was just downright self-pampering. Still, you're right. It's difficult to only choose 4. I feel as if I'm abandoning some of my babies!

I was foolish to think that 1 would be enough. Naive at 2 and troubled at 3. More than 4 was just downright self-pampering. Still, you're right. It's difficult to only choose 4. I feel as if I'm abandoning some of my babies!

I kind of just went with my favorite English, Virginia, and Lakeland... and then added a fourth to round it out.

Northwoods and I could be content.

Picking the next three... Well that's where it gets difficult...

Reminds me... I should be cellaring for the zombie apocalypse.

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
That is tough.

1. Sutliff Heavy English
2. Carter Hall
3. Captain Black Royal
4. Nording Hunter Labrador

But I keep questioning myself....

1. Early Morning Pipe
2. Hearth and Home Classic Burley Kake
3. Aged Orlik Golden Sliced
4. Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake

Don't ask again tomorrow. I don't think I can manage consistency.

That is tough.

1. Sutliff Heavy English
2. Carter Hall
3. Captain Black Royal
4. Nording Hunter Labrador

But I keep questioning myself....

I felt terrible leaving Carter Hall out. But I figured the ABF would take it's place.

Hmmm. It's hard to narrow it down to four. But here are my choices.

1. McCranie's Red Ribbon
2. Escudo
3. Chelsea Morning
4. Mississippi River

Subject to change without prior notification.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
This is difficult, as I'm still trying new 'baccy and I'm afraid that ones I've tried but set aside I haven't given a fair chance to win me over. (I have about 40 blends on hand) That being said:

1. FM Cellar
2. EMP
3. Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired ?
4. G.L. Pease Odyssey ? (I haven't tried near enough G.L.P. blends)

3OS and Balkan Sasieni may also be in contention, but again I have not smoked enough of either to rule out or rule in.
Or just go with Carter Hall and a cob!

This is my list for now. I'm certain it will change in the coming years of trying new baccys.

1. FM Cellar
2. 3 Oaks Syrian
3. EMP
4. Chenet's Cake

This is difficult, as I'm still trying new 'baccy and I'm afraid that ones I've tried but set aside I haven't given a fair chance to win me over. (I have about 40 blends on hand)

I understand the trepidation! I was worried about leaving off classic blends that people love that I've still not tried. Escudo, Stonehaven, FVF, Squadron Leader, Mississippi River, Carter Hall, Hal O' The Wynd, Christmas Cheer, etc...

That's one I haven't tried yet. Is it similar to Carter Hall?

It's a much fuller smoke with more whisps of cocoa burley goodness. If you are a burley fan I think it's a must try. Even guys who don't normally like burley love that.

Top Bottom